Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreens - carbon & GRP

simonpa

I have managed to accumulate several aeroscreens over the past year or so. As I really don't need more than one, I'm putting them all up and then probably keep the last one for trackdays and summer use:

When I say something is new (below) it means it is new, has never been fitted and is in it's original packaging *biggrin*

o CC carbon interchangeable - new (in bag), plus new mirrors - £530 for complete kit

o CC GRP interchangeable - new (in bag). plus centre and side used mirrors (quite good) - £195 for new aero, £105 for mirrors

o CC GRP interchangeable - used, but excellent - with good mirrors - £240 complete

o CC R500/JPE carbon aeroscreen, plus carbon centre and side mirrors - (very good condition) - £375 complete (currently fitted to my 8k-miles R500)

I'm OK with dibs, but only if you really are serious about it...

Payment by cash/transfer/cheque/paypal (personal payment - no fees), even barter, is fine.

Cheers - Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Simon,

I'll have the CC carbon interchangeable - new (in bag), plus new mirrors - complete kit

I can do cash on collection as I only live a few miles away.

I'll BlatMail you with my phone number

Dick

-----And all I ask is a fast car and a momo to steer her by

Racing is Life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting

Edited by - Dick Whittington on 16 Dec 2009 12:12:43

Simon,

I've decided backtrack on the aeroscreen as I think I'll be too tall for a CC one to be comfortable. Probably need a RIF but that will have to be in the next world. RiFNiSRiP.

Dick

Dick

-----And all I ask is a fast car and a momo to steer her by

Racing is Life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting

• Area Representative

If this is the latest interchangeable one as fitted to the duratec R500(and it certainly sounds like it is with the additional "flick" on the top) then I can confirm that it is a lot better at wind deflection than the previous version based on the JPE for the taller drivers (6'2").

I drove the CC car for several hundred miles and the lack of wind blast around my face was very noticeable

Nick

-----

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...