Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nosecone Mesh Grill

Stuart McGill

Hi mate

Yep I bought some from B&Q...it's galvanised mesh with a kind of a diamond weave pattern to it...it's the sort of stuff used to reinforce corners before plastering etc....works a treat

BUT very sharp edges and will cut you easily so wear thick gloves when handling the stuff !!

HWS

Guitars, cars and whisky in the jar..what else is there ?

I found expanded ali at Halfords in the bling section. Easy to cut, very light, pretty big holes, and the thought that it looks like a Robin Hood is outweighed by the fact that I have no holes in my ali radiator, even though I've been through a few indicator/headlight lenses from stones.

Ripspeed ali mesh here at Halfords

Alex McDonald

Loud, louder, loudest...

Edited by - alextangent on 30 Nov 2009 14:28:04

The Rispeed mesh is much bigger than the 'ole, so there's enough for 2 if done carefully. Cut oversize and folded back over the inner lip, I think it looks much neater than the CC version, as it sits about 1/2" back from the 7 grille I have.

In my 'umble opinion, you understand 😶‍🌫️

Alex McDonald

Loud, louder, loudest...

Four really thin cable ties, wrapped around the normal grille legs and through the closest mesh hole. I though it would look a bit Heath Robinson at first, but the result is good; all the bare edges are on the inside of the nosecone, and sitting back from the grille it really does look the dog's doughnuts.

Alex McDonald

Loud, louder, loudest...

Gap. You can't see it due to the lack of shadow on the photo, but the two bottom cable ties can just be seen. The legs of the 7 grille are through two holes approx 1/2" in from the lip; the top two are retained by some clips at the same distance. The ali sits on the lip, with the edges folded over into the nose.

The ali is quite rigid, btw. The way they make the mesh helps with the stiffness.

Alex McDonald

Loud, louder, loudest...

Edited by - alextangent on 30 Nov 2009 17:09:53

• Area Representative

Stuart

You can get various mesh patterns and in self coloured black from many accessory shops especially the ones that cater for boy racers. As has been said you can just get 2 out of a piece and you can use cable ties behind the lip of the grill so that they can't be seen. E-mail me if you need a pic.

By the way I also find it better to secure the 7 grill with cable ties instead of the clips. Need to drill 2 small holes though.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional