cskip

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am also keen on sprinting with the club, but have 2 fundamental questions:

1. Is it ok to car share if 2 people wish to compete in 1 car

2. Do you need either a speed or race license, and if so where do I go to find out about it

Appreciate any info, Goodwood is my nearest circuit, so would also be interested in the introduction in April if possible!

GraemeP, Hi from another Newbie *wavey*

1) The reg's allow 2 people to complete with 1 car, both would need to be registered in the speed championship, and as far as i'm aware both would have to pay the entry fee for each event.

2) You need a MSA Non Race National B Competition License or higher, these can be obtained from www.msauk.org.

See you at the sprint introduction and goodwood 😬

Q469 WET 1990 Caterham 1690 Crossflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.CaterBram on Facebook

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 18 Dec 2009 07:13:43

• Leadership Team

Yup - dual drives are absolutely fine. Tam (my Wife) and I have been sharing the car for a few years until the arrival of our son this year. The only down side is you have the pressure of two people in the same car, so nowhere to hide if the other person is quicker than you 😬

Yes, you both have to pay your own individual entry fees and of course each need their own non-race B license and race suit/helmet/gloves etc

Hope to see you on track next year! Michael.

Thanks for the confirmation Headmaster, as a newbie i'm still conscious that i'm still learning and i'm always grateful when my interpretation of the rules is confirm as I have a big sigh of relief. 😬

Q469 WET 1990 Caterham 1690 Crossflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.CaterBram on Facebook

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 18 Dec 2009 07:14:51

• Area Representative
...and of course each need their own non-race B license and race suit/helmet/gloves etc

It's possible to share helmet and gloves if you're the same size.

It's also possible (but much less practical) to share a race suit.

Both drivers also need to be club members, however it possible to share your L7club membership. I've shared with my wife, daughter, and son at different times to enable them to compete.

Thanks all - I better start digging into the requirements for the license, and contact someone from here if possible to confirm where the introduction round will be for 2010, and what to do to enlist?

PS - sharing the car, means that 2 of us can battle it out for plum last in the class ;o)

The License is dead easy and can be applied for via the www.msauk.org website, no medical required if you have not got any underlying conditions. Normally arrives within 6 days.

The dates for the rounds are already on the Speed Championship posts HERE

The Championship instructions will come out in the new year looking at previous years around February time.

And i'm told the competition entry forms get sent through a couple of months before each individual event.

What Class will you be competing in, this is determined by car spec & tyre choice, i'm gonna be in Class 2.

Edited by - CaterBram Jnr on 18 Dec 2009 10:09:34