Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheap Carbon Rear Wings

EFA

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The alignment of the weave looks okay to me although it's almost impossible to tell from that photo. Arnie, why do you continue attacking this guy and his products in what appears to be direct contravention of the rules of this forum which you yourself have quoted often enough. You certainly whinged and indeed threatened when you felt attacked a while ago. Leave him alone and let his products stand or fall on their own merit and value. Haven't you lost enough face recently?

Edited by - garyedwardc on 16 Sep 2002 19:56:47

Gary,

1. I am attacking a commercial operation. It is interesting to note that behind MOG Racing lies a company Westermann GmbH. This cannot therefore be a personal attack.

2. I never whinge. I do accurately communcate my objections, but I do not persist in communicating the same objections to an uninterested audience.

3. I have only posted information which was procured by a prospect of his and was sufficient to identify a huge disparity in the quality of the products and make any potential purchasers aware of the difference.

4. Gary, If I have lost face in your opionion so be it. I know the value of your opionion and am quite aware as to how detrimental this could/could not be to my image if you communicated it to all your friends in the Lotus Seven Club.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

Arnie,

I'll ask you the question for the nth time *smile*, can you confirm that your rear wings are going to be made by MClaren? or is it one or two of the guys moonlighting? If you wish to critisise the quality of the MOG products you could at least confirm the credentials of the outfit manufacturing yours (and I still want my CF Tillett replicas for circa £200/seat *eek*)

cheers,

Mike.

@ Fat Arnie!

Arnie I think you are only al little envios.

You can see, that my main company is WESTERMAN GMBH.

Look at my company site www.westermann-holzbau.de

(for example: http://www.westermann-holzbau.de/Bilder.htm)

I make my money with houses, roofs and other wooden buildings.

Also we have a workshop for Caterhams. But from that I can not pay the mechanic! :-(((

So my friend and me make carbon parts for me, for friends and for other 7 Fans. (I like carbon parts and for racing the Caterham carbon parts are to expesive. My carbon nose cone cost only £299,00! Racing is very expensive! So I make a littele money for my personal racing. That is true. Also I am a member in this very good Lotus 7 club.

If I sell parts, if I have a Website. It is better for me, make that with my company, because tax, insurance, office etc. it is not your problem!

I don´t like to insult you. Can it happend, that you don´t like me? That you don´t like Germans?

So it is very funny read your posts. I repeat what I wrote weeks ago.

Arnie is the best - **** the rest?

No Arnie. I will come to the Caterham Festival. You can visit me you can speak with me, you can see my parts with your own eyes.

Maybe you race the international open race. Then you can show everybody the good performance of Arnies Car, and the performance of you - as a Caterham driver!

I am sorry, that I can not give you a good discussion, because my poor english. (You can speak german? If yes, than visit www.seven-mania.de! At Seven-Mania.de all is allowed! We can fight with words, so hard if we wan´t.

I respect this forum, I am a club member and I will not be the bad German. I have a lot of good friends in GB.

You are a very important person in the English 7 scene. I can not accept, that you make our work bad. We also use Swindon kits for 240 BHPs. You wrote a malicious post about my engine damage at Nürburgring last year. The clutch or the flwheel explode. I was happy, that no iron parts hit me. Maybe it is your special humour.

My carbon parts are very good. The edges are black at building, because I like this style, it make my wings special and unique. So we can cut the weave in the edges for very good looking in the surface.

Please stop now the war with me and show me in Brands that you are man enough for all!

Best Regards

Joachim

MOG Racing, international Double Winner with a "swiss" mechanic at Euro Cup in Dijon!

PS: I love Caterhams

PPS Give Barry Horne a R 500 and you will see that the Rovers now are better than the Vauxhalls - on a race circuit!! (And you can see, that Barry is a brilliant driver!) Your dicussion about your Vaux and the R 500 is funny.

COME TO THE INTERNATIONAL OPEN RACE!

Regards

Joachim

Mike - I'm sure that Arnie has heard you. The quality of parts produced can be seen on many 7's all over the country. K2 RUM is a fairly high profile car!

I think that it is fairly clear that the manufacture itself is a comercially sensitive area. I've known Arnie for a couple of years. I'm confident that he wouldn't tell me where they came from.

You can visit me you can speak with me, you can see my parts with your own eyes.

Now there's a photo opportunity *smile*

Kiss and make up guys. If the parts are good I'm sure it'd save arnie a load of hassle too? (Note I've seen parts from both sources, not side by side though, and both looked very good to my untrained eyes.

(The crash picture was a tad unfair *smile*).

Fat Arnie doesn't have a race licence, only a "National B non-race speed licence" which I believe has just been exercised the once this year. Racing is not what Arnie does. This does not make K2RUM any less magnificent a car.

Arnie used to run an enterprise called the Carbon Component Company. This company had a full product range of Seven related carbon components and they were all made to excellent quality and usually matched or undercut price of the rather inferior offerings from Caterham Cars.

Arnie did not advertise directly or issue "Buy from me" replies to postings on forums. Usually his satisfied customers did enough of that work for him. He ran a commercial website which showed the products and listed their prices. Arnie maintained at the time that his prices were set at non-profit-making levels although this was never subject to independent audit. When I bought Arnie's products it was because they were appropriate and at the time of purchase I determined them to be worth the price.

Arnie has since arranged for one off production runs for components on a similar non-profit making basis - again not subject to independent audit - but which go ahead on the basis of sufficient interest and a reduction in price if more numbers participate.

Ahhhhhhhh, very interesting!

So I know why Fat Arnie do not answer. (He also have a carbon company and no licence)

Fat Arnie don´t race with his fast K2RUM. In Germany we have a proverb. *arrowright*Das ist als ob man Perlen vor die Säue schmeißt *arrowleft*

I will try to translate that.

If somebody have a car like K2RUM and do not race with them is like: *arrowright* throuw perls to the pigs (for eatimg) *arrowleft*

Or for better understanding: The same as you are married with the best Comma Girl and you do not f*** with her! 🙆🏻

Sorry sorry Arnie. You alway use your Caterham for show and doughnuts or simple Drag Races? So it is not important, that you save weight and can buy cheap spare carbon wings in a short time. In racing can happen, that sometimes you can loose your wings ☹️

Unfortunately it is not possible to compare Caterham made by MOG to Caterham made by Godfather Arnie. *confused*

But what is the backgound to tune a Caterham with the finest parts and not searching the competition on a race track? Here everybody can see the performance of the car.

Grrrrrrrrrr, Do somebody know if other strong cars (R500, big Vaux) race the open international Race in Brands and wich tyres they use?

So MOG Racing build the parts test by racing for fans on the road. *cool*

And believe me. I raced more than 2000 miles in year. Also I make holiday with my Cat. I can say - my parts are tested enough! 😬 😬 😬

Regards

Joachim

Edited by - Joachim on 17 Sep 2002 15:19:27

I must apologize for the bad English in the first Posting. My secretary wrote the dictated sentences wrongly into the forum. ☹️

In my opinion Arnie is not a qualified partner to talk about racing-parts, If racing is not what Arnie does. How can you talk about f***ing, when you never f*** ??? How can you talk about "swimming", when you never swim ???

However, "made in germany" stands for quality overall in the world and that´s what you can see in Brands.

Many greets

Holger

aka "never"

cat-driver whith MOG-Racing-Carbon-seats, weight 2.6 Kg. *eek*

Arnie does not have a carbon company now.

Sorry sorry Arnie. You alway use your Caterham for show and doughnuts or simple Drag Races?

Arnie entered and drove his car in a very public challenge at the first club sprint of the year and in so doing raised ~£4000 for Leukaemia Research. To have a well-developed Caterham and not race it is the choice of the owner. However I think we will see Arnie in more sprint competitions next year.

In my opinion Arnie is not a qualified partner to talk about racing-parts, If racing is not what Arnie does.

A rear wing is not a "racing part" and Arnie is well placed to comment on the quality of carbon fibre components.

"made in germany" stands for quality overall in the world

Quality is far less related to geographic location than to the skills of the individuals involved which does not gift germany a monopoly on "quality".

If you can find ways of posting that don't involve so many * characters then you will know that you are avoiding unnecessary offence on a public forum that is open to being read by children.

FA is going to love this when he gets near a PC!!!!!!!!!

I've got German blood in me but my contributions would probably get the thread locked!

That said .......if my family had stuck with it's German roots (Siemens) I'd be a lot richer now. Trouble was that side of the family got in with a bloke with a dodgy 'tache back in the 30's.