Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cheap Carbon Rear Wings

EFA

I was walking in the park yesterday and a bloke came up to me and his dog said he knew where to get some very nice mirror finish kevlar lined carbon rear wings for about £600/pair all in, provided he gets orders for a few sets.

Be advised that this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I seem to have a big crack in one of the wings on my car.

He even mentioned being able to get some extra wide ones.....

Interested???

Best email me. arnie@the-webbs.com

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll check I can afford them and then email you direct as requested but I've been meaning to ask what the purpose of the kevlar lining is. I'd guess at one or both of the following:

1. Better "key" when bonding onto wingstay.

2. Bullet proof so stones don't punch through (though I thought all carbon wings were strong enough to withstand this, as opposed to the glass wings on my old car which star cracked quite badly).

Whatever the reason, the front ones I have are the dog's danglies and I'll definitely buy another set if they are ever made again, even if I don't need them at the time. Worth having in stock just in case.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

I don't think MOG racing's suppliers are in the same league as the guys who will be making these.

Read V7's response again - he bought the front ones I had made - or take a look at the front wings on my car, Counts car, Graham Fords car,and even the great PC's car to name but a few........

I haven't seen samples of their wings, but the MOG seats were very, very good. Nice weave, good glossy finish and after sitting my harris in them I suspect they'd last longer than the Tillet equivalent.

Not an advert as I'm not (yet) a customer...

Joachim from MOG has just sold me some new-spec carbon wings which are absolutely brilliant. Glossy and perfect finish, thin coat of satin-black paint from beneath, so that no light can shine through. I wasn´t confident with the first ones but the new ones are definitly worth the money. The changed quite a few things on the finish.

Marius

www.mog-racing.de

German amateur-racer Joachim Westermann. He´s getting amazing results in the Caterham Eurocup with his 240BHP Vauxhall racer, sequential box (see new LowFlying, Zandvoort report). He´s doing that Caterham thing just for hobby and to finance his Caterham racing, not to earn his living with it.

The man who´s doing the carbon parts for him is a friend of him who used to do a lot of CF parts for Porsche during their 956 and 962 times. I´ll see if I can post some pictures of my cf front wings to see the quality.

Cheers,

Marius

The MOG seats are marginally bigger than the Tillets and seem to be a good bit thicker/stiffer.

Quality of finish on the two pairs I've seen has been excellent.

When I do the rebuild of my car I'm seriously considering getting a pair.

He means wider inthe horizontal plane, such that wide rear wheels will not protrude beyond the arches and risk failure at scrutineering. Dave Kimberley has wider arches onthe VX race car he ran at Curborough.

The radius is the same, fixing points the same.

I was *smile*

They seemed *slightly* wider around the hips. Though I have to 'fess up and say that I didn't try them back to back with Tillets.

They're also a slightly different shape in the shoulder/headrest area and don't have carpet attached (though if that's your fetish it would be easy to add.

They definitely seemed more solid.

And finally, I got the impression that they could modify the design if someone wanted it so modified. But could be wrong on this.

Well guys thx for hi-jacking the thread, Can we stay on track please.

To re-iterate the wings I am making are far better than anything MOG, Caterham or anyone else makes as they are being sold at cost price.

Currenty I don't have enough people on the deal to make the price so I need a bit more support.

I desperately want some but just can't find the money right now. I would consider selling my current CF wings at a discounted price to offset the cost of Arnie's but can't find the 600 notes up front at the mo. I haven't given up. I'm looking at selling other stuff, but there's not much left since I sold much of it to pay for my new cams...

Did I say I desperately wanted some of these wings?

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Put up a for sale ad then....

I know of one person who has already sold his perfectly good set of Caterham wings since I put this thread up!

Edited by - fat arnie on 8 Aug 2002 13:39:09