Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Kwak Green SLR in Larkfield

Martin J

Yes, it was James!! 😬 😬

I passed him in my SLR at about 2pm on the outskirts of Tenterden: me just returning from the epic Appledore/Rye route, and him just starting out. Being James, he did a spin turn in the middle of the road to come and say hello *cool* *cool*.

It's about time we had a serious Kent Sunday blat! *biggrin* *biggrin*. I want to see StEven's new VVC, FatVik's R400, SM25's new hood, the Doughnut Kid's new HG, and everyone else too! I also still owe Andrew £22 *rolleyes*. PLEASE STOP RAINING *mad* *mad*

Stephen

Superlight R no.108

Edited by - L7 FST on 28 Nov 2009 19:49:22

Hi Stephen *wavey* Yep! here's to the next Sunday blat once this weather clears.

Having said that it was not bad today, so after doing the chores *rolleyes* I got a pink pass & drove the caterham up to Brands to watch some track day action.

I was able to drive through the tunnel from the paddock out to the pit garages & have a look round *smile* Mine was the only 7 there along with a number of TVR's, scoobies, a lambo & a couple of ferrari's as well as more run of the mill stuff.

Martin *thumbup*

Not a day for the polishers!!

Oh yes it was 😬 managed to get out for a bit this afternoon had some fun with a Ferrari 512M 🥰 so that was another scalp they're just not nimble enough *tongue* *smokin*

You're absolutely right Stephen we need to sort a blat out, was hoping to run one tomorrow but it's not to be weather wise 😔..but watch this space

C7 XSL Xtra Super Light 🥰 🥰

CATERHAM GALLERY

here

GBC next Sunday if the rain stops, but looking at the forecast, there's likely to be a load of salt on the roads by the middle of the week. I am still hoping for a brief outing sometime tomorrow ......... if the rain currently falling dries out ! Haven't driven it since Brooklands trip.

edit - just looked at Metcheck for next Sunday - they forecast snow here *rolleyes*

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 28 Nov 2009 22:28:30

Hi all :)

I had a awsome blat from home to, Rye, then round the "chicane at the bottom of that steep hill, just after the jump i mean hump back bridge", back to Rye, onto Hastings " spun on the chicane *redface* then back past Steven's small jump off the staplehurst bridge to home well worth the £30, not to much traffic and more than a able dry line to be able to pedal a bit :)

Id be interested in next weekend, ill look out for the post :)

Martin,

Yes it was me 😬 sorry if i didnt see you the sun was rather low!

Stephen,

How else do you turn a 7 around? was good to see you, shame we didnt meet up going the same direction *wink*

All cleaned and ready for the next outing :)

J7BYY

Kwak Green SLR

Edited for correct location :)

Edited by - Jam3s on 29 Nov 2009 20:29:51

James, I trust no other cars were around when you spun down on the Romney Marsh *redface* *eek* 😬 I was just thinking, Mr & Mrs old person out for a quiet afternoon drive when *eek* a Kwak Green caterham comes towards them sideways!

Nathan, sounds like it's going well but didn't realise you were going for a serious upgrade instead of just a repair. Converting to dry sump must mean quite a lot of work?? Are you doing it all yourself??

Martin *thumbup*

Nath,

No becky was not in the 7, if she was i would be in serious trouble *eek*

Martin,

Hehe there was a old granny in a mini at the top of the hill who shook her head in what i can nly imagine to be utter disgust! it was that real tight ni on 180% hairpin that i lost the arse on 😬 anyway.... naturally i made my 3 point turn to face the correct direction, waved said sorry then booted up the hill leaving some nice 11's 😬

wet road i blamed!! *redface*

J7BYY

Kwak Green SLR

James I remember when I spun mine on a 180 up hill hairpin on the way towards Hastings I was rather embarrassed as the car in front of me stopped after realising I was facing the wrong way *redface* *redface* *redface*

Martin, me and my Dad are doing all the work ourselves just need to order a dry sump tank from Brise and a few bit’s from Caterham so fingers crossed for a Christmas blat.

Nathan