Click here if you are having website access problems ×

t

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi Noger, I don't need wimplike moustache extensions and the seats are designed to prevent imitating a submariner *tongue*.... so less of the "several-straps-short-of-a-fullharness" thank you *wink*

The evil goo will accompany me 'n Mr FH on the 24th. I even have the means of heating it 😬 Off to search in my bruvver's toybox for his splat gun.....

FH *cool*

Noger, et al ..... the word is crotch *eek* 😳 A crutch is a staff with a crosspiece at the head which you place under your armpit when you've the need to have a third leg *wink*

Giant cucumbers were once used in place of said staff by the retreating armies of I believe Richard III after his final battle. There were few trees in the area of Bosworth and an enterprising young swain who had been confined to the field kitchen, rushed to the aid of one of the injured troops. Still clutching an extremely long and amazingly firm cucumber, which had been destined for the cooking pot, he tenderly assisted the wounded soldier to his feet, and in a flash of inspiration, propped him up with the cucumber

It was noted in despatches and the young man received commendations for his efforts *thumbup* For some years, in subsequent battles, the commanders insisted on having a suitable quantity of these items as part of their supplies, being a dual-purpose item of great value. Unfortunately, although the swain's heroics deserved to have been recognised in the annals of history, this was not to be. We have "cardigans", "wellingtons" and even "sandwiches" invading our use of the English language. Regrettably, the cucumber has received no such accolade, the only reference in modern language being "as cool as a cucumber" which is in fact a misnomer ☹️

FH *cool*

Pronunciation: 'kr&ch

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English crucche, from Old English crycc; akin to Old High German krucka crutch

Date: before 12th century

1 a : a support typically fitting under the armpit for use by the disabled in walking b : PROP, STAY

2 : a forked leg rest constituting the pommel of a sidesaddle

3 : the crotch of a human being or an animal

4 : a forked support

You buffoon *tongue*

Cucumbers are green vegetables, with little discernable flavour
Well Mr Noger, my cucumbers are short, plump and full of flavour.... if you're going to be present at Curborough, may I suggest you make yourself known to me and we can have a little private tasting 🤔 *tongue* *tongue* *tongue*

*wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* *wink* 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

FH *cool*

Still think you are wrong. *wink*

A vegtable-any of various plants, especially a hebaceous plant used wholly or partly for food

eg cabbage, potato, turnip

a fruit- the usually sweet and fleshy edible product of a plant or tree , containing seed. eg oranges, cherries, cucumber, apples

Therefore fruit , is the edible part of a plant that contains seed, and vegables are the other edible parts of plants.

in your chicken example, a fruit would be a egg of any animal, but a chicken egg (fruit) would be a friut of a chicken (plant) and chicken drum stick, will be a vegtable.

*confused* *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused*

M100EOW....

Edited by - mark4newman on 22 Aug 2002 14:53:02