Click here if you are having website access problems ×

- 1st learner car

Powderpuff

Gordon, some good friends of ours are on the point of advertising their daughters Corsa as she's now at university and isn't using it.

They'll be looking for a bit more than £1,000, probably £1,600 as it's in good shape with very few miles. It's the 3 cylinder 1000cc job so presumably easy to insure and rather slow.

BM me if that's of interest.

Adrian

Not sure what insurance group Fiesta you're looking at but companies we spoke with wouldn't entertain anything more than a group 2 for my 17 y.o. daughter so we bought her a battered but reliable Micra 1L from my brother in law which fitted the bill, and got a year's (learner) insurance for around £350 without risking my no claims. We did have to top this up a little after she passed the test, but still pretty cheap and she earns her own NCD.

The Micra is now up for sale as she wants something better so if you're interested, let me know? It has some MoT (March?) but we could look at getting a new one if sold - nothing else fundamentally wrong with the car (I'm putting on some new front tyres at the weekend), starts first time, good mpg, no radio (bonus for a learner!), just that it's now served it's purpose as a practice car that won't show the odd extra bump or bang...

See here.