Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2010 venues and dates?

L7 FST

Any news on where and when in 2010? *rolleyes*

Is it my imagination, or are we seeing fewer and fewer Club trackdays as the years pass? I've been a member for 4 years now and there seems to be progressively less going on, Club-wise.. ☹️

Meanwhile Lotus-on-Track seems to be doing more and more all over the UK and abroad, usually selling out, and always offering good value. 😬

With a Club of our size shouldn't we be managing half a dozen days at top venues each year? *wavey*

Stephen

Superlight R no.108

• Area Representative

Hi Stephen,

Cutting the number of trackdays is a recent step by the club to save some money and reduce the risk of loss esp with the current business climate. Lotus On Track are very different in that they don't run many TD's themselves (from memory it was 2 or 3 a year but may have changed more recently) but book a group of slots with another TDO such as Easytrack so they don't carry the same risk as L7C when its trying to fill all the spaces but more importantly having to stand a substantial upfront payment prior to even selling a space

HTH

Nick

-----

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

I'm in the process of finalising dates and venues for next year and will announce in the next few weeks, probably before Christmas when the circuits have confirmed.

As has been said before due to the present economic climate, we have had to cut down on the number of track days to reduce the clubs exposure to financial risk.

It's also down to providing the right balance of running 3 or 4 a year knowing that they will sell out, rather than running too many with the result that they can not be filled and we lose money.

Geoff *smile*

Thanks Nick, Geoff, Allen. Quite understand the need for financial caution in the current climate but I wonder if some changes in approach might be considered in order to bring activity back up to former levels? After all, we're not a Club in decline; Sevens were made for tracks; and the UK TD business as a whole is very healthy..

For example, is the Club's insistence on stand-alone days where only L7C Sevens are permitted (even 21s not allowed, I believe!) honestly realistic? Most L-o-T days seem to be about 80% Lotus or Caterham, with other cars making up the numbers and ensuring financial viability. I've done 5 TDs with them this year, with no problems. Like L7C days they're very tightly run and the 'extra' cars are well policed.

Running a couple of events in partnership with like-minded organisations - say with L-o-T or BDP - would surely be worth a try....?

My concern is that the TD side of the Club will disappear if it isn't postively nurtured. It ought to be central not peripheral to belonging. I'm amazed at how many Seven owners I meet haven't yet ventured out on track at all. 😳 Most of them say they want to, but are nervous of the unknown. Surely the Club culture ought to welcome and positively encourage them to take the plunge...

Just my thoughts. The L7Club events are always really excellent: I just want more! 😬

Stephen

Superlight R no.108

• 4 weeks later...

I have to agree - as a new member to the club, if financial risk is the key reason for reducing the number of days, mitigate the risk!

I use my local car club for trackdays, and am big enough and ugly enough to book days with TDOs that appeal.

I would love to look to the L7 club for days FIRST, rather than as an aside to my normal routes.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any news on track dates for 2010, i'm looking at doing a track day before the sprint season starts in April to get some track time / experience in a 7.

Would like to support an L7C event in preference to others, but if I know the dates which are likely I can plan accordingly.

Q469 WET 1990 Caterham 1690 Crossflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits.CaterBram on Facebook