Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Immobiliser/Anti theft stuff

hendrixswhitestrat

Morning all

Interested in collective views on the best immobiliser to get for a 7.....some guys reckon it's better to fit a discreet kill switch in the car, others that a full on immobiliser is better.

Thinking of changing a few things on my car (without going into to much detail) but curious to see how others approach the subject of stopping some scrote getting their sticky mitts on our pride and joy

HWS

Guitars, cars and whisky in the jar..what else is there ?

Immob (make sure it's one that is happy with a complete power-down - i.e. self-arms or remembers the state it was left in), removable wheel *and* an FIA cut-out switch somewhere (might as well make it sensibly-placed for trackday/competition use).

The FIA-switch will also protect your battery from the dreaded effects of parasitic-load too (usually the immobiliser...) - and give you one more thing to drop on to the bar with your QR wheel... *tongue* *wink*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Before you get carried away...

Umm - but that's like saying 'don't leave your satnav in the 7 when you leave it. If you are such a forgetful numpty*, you might possibly deserve the results...

*says he who accidentally left his QR wheel (and possibly immobiliser fob etc.) on the bonnet of his 7 in the car-park at Doune last year while trying to sneak in to a round of the British Hillclimb championship (I had a mechanics-pass waiting for me in the paddock...) 😳

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com