Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

removing powder coat

k.russell

we use some big ones at work around 6 -8 inches in an electric drill for graining stainless for food industry and for cleaning weld burn on stainless,thes cost £45 think they are 3M ones in yellow, i didnt think the small ones would be that good but was impressed, fit in drill chuck and in the arbor of my windy die grinder, speed is rated at 4500 rpm i think.

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here

I think you'll find the twist knot and standard wire brushes much more effective, the fillament wheels work, but are not very abrasive, and tend to be a little slow compare with a wire brush. The fillament brushes are more for cleaning and as a gentle abrasive, for removing paint etc without damaging the material. The chassis tubes are quite substantial and can withstand a high speed wire brush with no problems.

Cheers John

JFDI

(Just F*****g Do It)

that would do it Dick 😬 my chassis is a 92, 40k mls and not been exposed to much salt, i think it is in good condition, it would not be in this condition if it had been on the road throughout the year, i did a turnover and paint back in 98 and the rear end was repainted last winter when i had a rear skin put on, gotta keep lookin after it, cant afford another 😬

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here