Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oulton Park (Maybe wet) Tyre choice

Flyingfish

I am off to Oulton Park for a track day this friday 😬 and what with the weather forcasters predicting heavy cats and dogs, was wondering which wheels to put on

Do I go for the 15" R888's or the 13" CR500's. Which will offer up more grip in the wet?

Silver 1.8VVC Roadsport CA53 RAM

Scary thing for us marshalls, was watching when Steve (marshall) got hit by the car. If you look carefully, before and after, you can see that it ripped his jacket. Other than a bit of bruising, and some shock, he was fine and back with us a few weeks later.

Miracle was that no one got hurt, except some pockets. 2.8 million worth of damage I was told, and so much carbon fibre all over the place.. like 50 pound notes scattered.

Had a chat with a driver, and he said he was aquaplaning at 30 mph on those slicks.

Cheers

Craig

Craig, correct. Coming out of cascades....... Backwards...... Watching the lake coming towards me in the rear view mirror! Then, coming out of knickerbrook....... Backwards. Managed to stay out of the kitty litter and the other furniture though.

Silver 1.8VVC Roadsport CA53 RAM