Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Eight wheels on my wagon ....

Alex Birtwisle

I think Rob Margel (RobM on BlatChat I recall) had a device which fixed to the FIA bar and allowed you to carry four extra wheels behind the bar, above the boot as it were. Looked OK from pics and sounds like what you need.

His site is founds via here

I guess you could try and contact him as a first try.

They're made by a guy called Peter Carr, a friend of Peter Carmichaels (I think he also has friends called Peter Carm, Carmc, Carmch..etc but they're never all seen in the same place at the same time...).

Cost iro 150 quid. Very, very well made and have been tested (by me) at over 80mph fully loaded.

The advantage with using these instead of just strapping to the FIA bar (which I'm told can be done) is that rear visibility (such as it is) is maintained.

If you want more photos of a fully laden car and/or the contact number, drop me a mail and I'll try and do it tonight.

Alex,

They are excellent bits of kit. I think rob has some pics on his website

www.margel.net

Jan T also has one on his SV.

Worth every penny in my opinion, and if I did not have the trailer, I would definately have one.

Regards,

Martin

I just strapped em on. Two ratchet straps. You could have one per wheel around the circumference and then one through as well for overkill!

The proper bar is much more elegant....

Steve

My racing pics here

Hants (North) and Berkshire area club site

here

Edited by - stevefoster on 5 Aug 2002 23:26:05

the offical site of trackrack is 😬

here

I can testify also to its quality, the only thing to remember is to strap your wheels down tight with a decent tie down

rob g - I may need mine back before septmeber are you in the area any time soon, hope it all worked ok

rob