Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Small car for my daughter (low insurance group and reliable)

Griff

My daughter passed her driving test (hoorah - nerves now recovering) and I'm looking to replace the jalopy she practiced in with something a bit better. Small engine (<1200cc) with insurance group 1~3, ideally 4/5 doors but 3 doors considered, nothing with sport, GT or Evo on the badge, good all round condition and 100% reliable. A bright colour would be a bonus! Budget range is £1500 to £2000 but we might go a little higher for the right car if it has a long MoT and tax, needs nothing doing (eg tyres, exhaust) for some time to come.

Unlikely, but if anyone's interested in a PX, we could offer an N-reg Micra 1.0 which is tattered and battered, not a thing of beauty but always starts on the button (MoT March 2010 and tax August 2010). Cost us £200 and would offer for under this without the tax.

Something within shouting distance of Cirencester preferred, but might go further afield. I'm financing but my daughter wants to pay me back over time, so if you can help out a budding young Blatchatter then let me know what you've got.

Cheers,

Mike