Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Racing at Brands tomorrow

Fishy Dave

Hello, Anyone coming to Brands tomorrow?John Chasey and myself are racing in with the tintops. Forecast not looking great, so I think the fwd and 4wd cars will have a bit of an advantage. Cheers, Dave David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) AR, 07718 368173. 1400 supersport race car

Well done Dave - I was marshalling at the start line (I came over to say 'hello' when you were in the paddock).

Had my first experience of 'blue flagging' too, very challenging at that point because you can't see the procession approaching in order to assess the relative speeds. They just suddenly arrive at the corner and pop into view and you have about 1 second to act, or not. Whenever I felt it would be helpful and used it I just knewthe overtaken driver would be thinking 'Yes, yes, idiot, I know!'

Great weather ... for ducks! See you agin I hope.

Video HERE

I couldn't get media player to play this, but VLC was no problem.

A poor showing by me in qualifying and the first race, far too cautious. Ah well, better to come home with a car in one piece I suppose.

*smile*

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) AR, 07718 368173.

1400 supersport race car

Cheers Tim, nice of you to come over. I had mentioned after the race that the flagging was the best I'd experienced funnily enough!

See you again. *cool*

Hello also to the friendly marshall on the start line who owns the 1.8vvc, appreciated the tips. *thumbup*

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) AR, 07718 368173.

1400 supersport race car