Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mr Ma's Lift

Gridgway

In conversation with Norman, he told me about Mr (jack-bulk-buy) Ma from China makes a lift. The reason it has so far been put on the back burner is that it needs pads to raise a 7 up as the lift is too high. I'm actually not too bothered about that as at the moment the main use for me would be on a 911.

So I thought I would ask if anyone else is interested in a reasonably low cost solution. I'd be pretty happy with making pads for using mine

I have posted Normans info about the lift below. I am looking for indication of interest. Post below, blatmail me or email on graham at ridgworld dot com.

Graham

======================================================================

lift capacity 2500 kgs, min height 180mm carton size 2550 x 1000 x 180mm GW 400 kgs (NW 385kgs).

This is a car lift made by our old friend Mr Ma (have a nice day). The opening price is CIF Felixstowe $1380.00 which at the exchange rate at 9th Nov. is £827. We will get this down if we have a reasonable quantity. It's a long drawn out dance negotiating prices with the Chinese but we reckon 20 lifts will get it to £750 each. Add on dock charges, transport and VAT and we should get them down to £950 delivered to collection points around the country.

This lift sits on the floor and you drive the car over it. Then extend the 4 legs outwards to sit under the chassis (or body on non 7s).You will need a few planks of wood (or build concrete pads) to drive the 7 onto as the minimum height is 180mm. The lift is on steel wheels and is, therefore, mobile.

Piccy

Edited by - gridgway on 17 Nov 2009 14:24:31

latest lift news (as taken from the newsletter):

The lifting method is hydraulic ram (electrically driven), with a locking mechanism.

Prices

-------

CIF Felixstowe $1380.00 which at the exchange rate at 9th Nov. is £827.This has now been reduced to £797. Further reduction will be made It's a long drawn out dance negotiating prices with the Chinese but we reckon 20 lifts will get it to £750 each. Add on dock chrages, transport and VAT and we should get them down to £930 delivered to collection points around the country.

This lift sits on the floor and you drive the car over it. Then extend the 4 leags outwards to sit under the chassis (or body on non 7s).You will need a few planks of wood (or build concrete pads) to drive the 7 onto as the minimum height is 180mm.

The lift is on steel wheels and is, therefore, mobile.

The lift is CE approved so has been safety approved. If we can get the people together the total price should get down to about £890 which is a great price.

If you look on ebay, the closest is this (£1300):

Lift on ebay

Graham

Edited by - Gridgway on 18 Nov 2009 18:08:26

Reading the e-bay ad referred to, it's worth noting the question about the rough concrete surface at the bottom of the page. My garage floor is quite rough and I doubt this lift would operate smoothly on it. Net result would be car wobbling around a bit as it went up and down.

Just a consideration - don't want to spoil anyone's plans.

I note the slightly more expensive lifts cater for this issue by having a steel channel that the wheels run in.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got one of these lifts, which I sourced from Automotech Services in the UK via the magical power of ebay. I notice they don't have any of these exact lifts on ebay at the moment.

They get the stuff badged for them in China and ship them over in bulk. For my money, I went for a UK seller so that I had some support (very helpful chaps) and comeback in case of problems. YMMV. Cost me just under £1100 delivered to my garage door.

The layout is actually remarkably stable, because the end of the base that doesn't have the wheels is actually a transverse tube about 6" in diameter, not another pair of wheels. This means that even with a fairly grotty floor you can pack that end to make the setup rock solid. Bear in mind these things always ship without oil, so you need to get a 5 litre bottle of the right hydraulic oil. I used Comma LIC-10 which is nicely in spec.

One thing to be aware of is that the arms and pads as provided are no real use for the Seven chassis, they are designed to be loaded out side the platform footprint, at the usual monocoque jacking points, i.e. where the Seven is mainly air. Now with a flat floor this would be fine as the platform itself would spread the load nicely, and you could add a rubber pad here and there to protect the chassis/skin. However with a lowered floor, I'm having to make a chassis support rig to lift the standard jack points. Not a big problem, but something to bear in mind.

The min height on my lift is 118mm, not 180mm. Could be a typo somewhere or maybe a slightly different model. I'm dry laying two rows of 75mm thich concrete blocks that the builders are sourcing for me at mates rates. I'll make up some ramps out of wood and/or ali tread plate.

Martyn

R300GRR SV on stands waiting to be built