Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Various K-series performance related parts - dry sump, TBs (sold), ally front pulley, vvc plenum

MartinWoodham

Various K-series bits need to go to make some garage space and fund some racing modifications...

Some of these will be on the third owner who's thought 'oh, that'll come in handy' and never got around to fitting them, so come on, join the great Upgradeitis chain and own some tasty bits for a while before selling them on. All it takes is a bit of money and some shelf space - no need to skin your knuckles or even get your hands dirty! *tongue*

I'll get some photos organised at some point...

***Set of (original) R400 swan neck throttle bodies complete with manifold, filter, idle air gubbins and support strut. I think there might even be injectors as well (yes there are), but no fuel regulator. £250 sold Tom

***alloy front pulley, the type with equal diameter alternator and aux belt grooves ie alternator runs slower/ less load. No mass damper. £50

***VVC plenum and manifold complete from an MG - will need fettling to fit under a 7 bonnet. now fettled but still at the same price of £35 includes plastic throttle body and MAP sensor, no injectors

***MG Cup Dry Sump system complete and ready to fit ** includes sump (crack repaired by tig welding in one corner), twin scavenge pump, sump outlets with mesh filters, modified front pulley, front pulley belt adapter, two belts, belt cover, well-used (and repaired) large Pace DS tank (the sort that comes apart in the middle), CC plastic catch tank, all fittings and hoses.

This is all brand new and unused except for the sump itself and the tank. Pump and kit supplied by QED.

You *may* need a new offside engine mount fabricated (I have one in production but not sure when it will be ready) - both the standard and CC-DS setup mounts foul the scavenge tank hoses. £750.

There might be queries about this so I'll compile a FAQ if needed!

***R400 cams used but showing little wear. £100.

***well-used oil cooler, hoses and takeoff, a bit ratty looking and I don't know what the takeoff fits. Not K-series, I would assume it's for a crossflow, the threaded filter connection is narrower than a K-series filter. Includes takeoff, 3 braided hoses, remote filter housing, 8-row Mocal cooler and all fittings. Have a punt at £25 or it's going on Ebay...

*** and a bit of a long shot since it won't fit a Caterham, I stand corrected by Les, see post below, this will fitwith additional parts (lobro joints)Ford 7" viscous LSD diff with flanged half-shaft connections. £250.

***and a really long shot, remanufactured good-as-new impreza turbo rear brake calipers (classic/ GC8) in shiny shiny red. £150

Postage cost on top or GONADS welcome.

All the above are in Cambs, PM me if any pics wanted or questions, I'll give dibs on this thread priority over PMs to be fair to all. That's if anyone's interested...

I'll give 10% of all proceeds to NTL

edited to add that I'm open to offers

Martin

supersported ex-Roadsports B

Edited by - mwoodham on 16 Nov 2009 12:20:30

Oy Woodham, where is your corporate loyalty 😬

Wouldn't mind some pics...I think I know what a set of R400 TBs are but want to be sure, but no I have not formally declared "dibs" and happy to concede to Tom if he is buying.

P

Edited by - Pelico on 13 Nov 2009 21:54:56

The TBs sound like the older KV6 TB as fitted to the earlier R400 & SLR. Is that correct? With all the bits it sounds like an almost complete set up to bolt on. Is a fuel pressure reg easy to come by?

Mine is a 1.8k Supersport - I expect putting these TBs on with an Emerald would be fairly straight forward.

Im in Manchester, but Im highly likely to be working in Norwich over the coming weeks, so can probably collect.

Ill express provisional dibs so I dont get gazumped, but I want to call a mate with more knowledge than me in the morning for some advice.

Hi Martin,

I live just outside of Penrith, 2 mins from Jcn40 M6. I'm guessing you like the beer in Hesket? *thumbup*

I fitted the same lsd diff into my car, basically because it came with the package of bits with the car when I bought it, and I thought it'd be rude not too! If you look at any of the other kitcars out there, pretty much all of them run this viscous diff, if they can find one.

Edited by - LesG on 14 Nov 2009 13:08:27

I can potentially help with northward transport in the coming weeks as Ill be going to Norfolk on a Monday and back to Manchester on a Friday afternoon for most of the weeks upto Christmas.

Im up for the TB set up, please can you send me some pics of the set up. Would you be willing to haggle a bit on price?

Ill Blatmail you my details, perhaps we can pick this up by phone or private mail.

Cheers *thumbup*