Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LA A frame bush replacement rubber or nylon?

JampJ

I posted some time back about the replacement bushes I've used - no difference in the feel of the 7, but they are lasting for ages 😬

A search should find the thread (if the search option will go back far enough...)

Small Boy - with Loud Toy!

Co-founder of the BOG Club

See Eugene here

and see what I do here

Previous thread has intimated that the use of poly bushes will reduce the compliance (ie increase the stiffness of the bearing) and this could induce stress elsewhere in the chassis frame. This sounds possible in a Caterham whereas in an MGB/Midget there is no chassis. Caterham Midlands reckon to change theirs every race meeting!!!They did mine and it took less than 10 minutes and the rubber bearing is cheap as chips.I would leave it as nature intended *smile*

A bit more detective work and I have found the thread here. The supplier was deflex

Given your post was back in 2005, I've emailed deflex to see if they still supply the bush. ( I have found out this morning mine are shot to bits, so time for an urgent replacement.)

awestaco7. The Y16 bush is not unique to Caterham and you should be able to get these at your local motor spares factor made by QH (Quinton Hazell). Can be a bit of a struggle to replace but there is a knack to it 😬

I have it down to 6 mins using 2 1inch flat blade paint scrapers.

Un bolt, drop the A frame, fit new bushes, use the blades to guide the bushes up into position then jack up the frame. Once the bushes are compressed and going in the right direction pull the blades out.

Simples.

1700ss BRG/Yellow Stripe the only way to cruise