Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R400 engine package

taffyracer

I'm going to be taking out the R400 engine from my car in the next few weeks, this engine is just superb, it was a low mileage engine that was kept as a spare when I bought it and since then I have had the head inspected/checked and then fitted with new gaskets bolts etc to my car, there are absolutely no faults or issues and its only been run on Mobil 1 5-50 motorsport oil and runs as sweet as a nut, i've only done around 400 or so miles on it since it was fitted back in July and i'm only selling because i have a VVC engine sitting about and I need to release some funds for my winter race upgrades.

The engine will be removed in a few weeks time so there is plenty of time for someone to come and view, here it running and even drive the car and satisfy themselves that the engine is 100% sound, the engine will come with

R400 engine with wet sump

EU 2 engine loom

Emerald ECU with standard R400 map

Fuel rail and injectors and Jenvey throttle assembly

45mm DTH Jenvey TB's matched to the head with 90mm trumpets

Brand new set of HT leads (new and never fitted)

Jenvey Sausage filter and stepped backplate (new and never fitted)

AP clutch and flywheel (new in July)

Engine mounts (new in July)

here

here

here

It won't come with the starter motor or alternator but everything else needed is present

£3,500 ono.

C7 YUM

Edited by - taffyracer on 7 Nov 2009 15:53:19

Edited by - taffyracer on 7 Nov 2009 19:27:54

why, it is an R400 engine from an R400, only difference is the TB's and ECU from what I understand, both of which are accepted as being superior to standard

I'm open for anyone to come down drive with and check it over, its clearly been looked after, it's a great engine and realistically priced

C7 YUM

David, the VVC bit is of a bit of a red herring, I have 2 cars, a road going 7 that was originally a VVC, i then bought this engine and converted it to R400 spec, but since doinw so I have bought a CSR race car that needs a Quaife and some other bits over the winter, so i'm converting my road car back to its original VVC spec and selling on the R400 engine to release some funds, the engine is a standard genuine R400 engine whatever spec that was at the time they were made and it is running just beautifully, hope that's clearer.

C7 YUM

Edited by - taffyracer on 7 Nov 2009 20:36:16