Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Canon 5D mk1 (body-only) - now sold

Myles

Right, time to move on my 5D mk1 body - its' sale was always part of the justification for buying the 5Dmk2 and it's doing nobody any favours sitting in a box... I've just had a scan of completed ebay sales and it seems there's a healthy market at around £800+P&P. P&P cost £29 via Royal Mail when I bought it a year and a half or so ago from Petrolhead - there's quite a lot of weight in there with chargers, batteries etc. The body is in excellent condition - I'll dig it out and check it again, but the only obvious signs of wear that I can recall are to the flash hotshoe - Canon used to paint these black and the paint wears off. These days, they leave them all silver... There are two batteries, a charger, strap and I should be able to find all of the manuals, CDs etc. It's also boxed - but the body originally came in a kit with the 24-105mm lens (I didn't buy the lens). What-else? Dunno - I can supply pictures of the body if necessary, test-shots (including shots to highlight any sensor-dust) etc. £750 + P&P (around £29 as above) seems sensible - otherwise I'll chance my arm on ebay and go for the extra £50 (two blats-worth of fuel! *biggrin*) Oh - as far as I'm aware, the body has done around 7k actuations - Canon rate the shutter to 100k although this is just a guide and YMMV. Ah yes - almost forgot - the camera has a spare matte focussing-screen. This is only really of interest to people who need to manual-focus (and who have 'fast' f/2.8 lenses as it does make the viewfinder a bit dim - I bought it for my tilt-shift lenses...) Oh - #2 - so I'm assuming that potential buyers know the basics about this camera - it's a full-frame 35mm sensor with 12.8M-pixels. It will accept *only* EF-spec lenses - not the EF-S jobs designed for teeny crop-sensor cameras (e.g. the 350D, 400D, 50D etc.) If you fit an EF-S lens, you will a) get dark edges (vignetting) around the center of the image and b) probably break the camera as the EF-S lenses extend further back and will catch the (large - for 35mm view) mirror.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 Alcester Racing 7s Ecosseâ„¢  🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 13 Nov 2009 07:27:46

Myles, I think you may have just busted my upgrade budget but I guess upgrading camera counts, can I have 1st dibs please, am out for rest of day but will contact you again tonight or sunday re money

where abouts in country are you I am in borders near hexham although as you payed postage from PH I guess you are not close

cheers

Tim

Edited by - tbird on 7 Nov 2009 11:23:37

Thanks Mav *thumbup*

Yeah, Edinburger. Trouble is, if you come to visit, you'll get to see and play with the rest of the kit 😬

Let's see now:

1Dmk3

5Dmk2

300mm f/2.8 IS L

70-200 f/2.8 IS L

135 f/2 L

16-35mm f/2.8 mk II L

24mm f/3.5 TS-E L

45mm f/2.8 TS-E L

erm, what else...

Siggie 15mm f/2.8 fishy

Siggie 12-24mm f/4-5.6

Quite keen on the 90mm TS-E or maybe the Zeiss Distagon 18 or 21 manual-focus lenses. I don't need them, but all three are bonkers-good 😬

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

thats just plain old showing off 😬

maybe I should list my leica kit but we could end up playing optics bridge,

I aggree with you about zeiss optics tho, I have an old pair of dodecarem bins that are the "muts nuts" apart from the weight

sadly (not because it was Edinburger) I drove throught edinburger twice last week on way to other house in Skye, I am pretty tied down here (Kielder) for next few weeks so unless you are planning any MTB fun in Kielder soon we may have to rely on post.

Dont suppose you fancy chucking in the 16-35mm f/2.8 mk II L FOC as a sweetener save me buying the 17-40 😬

Tim

Dont suppose you fancy chucking in the 16-35mm f/2.8 mk II L FOC as a sweetener save me buying the 17-40

No! B*gger-off! 😬 The 16-35 (along with the 45mm TS-E) is my 'standard' lens that I take everywhere. Interestingly, although the center-sharpness is excellent, the extreme edge-sharpness isn't as good as the Siggie 12-24 when stopped-down to the same levels. The Siggie does have noticeably more CA etc. at the edges though and is clearly inferior in the center in sharpness terms. Pretty-academic given the extra reach and probably not that noticeable unless you are pixel-peeping...

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Myles

Why not get the Olympus OM 18 &21mm f3.5 manual lenses instead of the zeiss they're both excellent and you'll get both for the less than the cost of one zeiss *thumbup*

- A Tokina/Vivitar 17mm OM manual focus is also worth getting too *wavey*

Mal

ps

You're also missing a long tele from you quiver especially since you only have 1.3x and full frame bodies though a 7d could rectify that problem *biggrin* *biggrin*

Sold, thanks.

I keep having to remind myself that this shouldn't really be regarded as new toy-money - it was part of the justification of getting the mk2 earlier in the year.

Still, that was ages ago *smile*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosse™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻