Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon Fibre Headlamps NEW

Damdy-Cash

Update 06,02,2010: Bad message: the UK inserts doesn't fit to the BB headlights, no reason do go ahead with this bulk buy. Good message: look to my today’s post in this thread... *smile*

Hi my Carbonitys infected mates,

this BB is about these carbon headlights pic 1 pic 2.

I have now received the quote for the headlights. The Euro prices are for one, without headlight insert. P&P need to be sorted later, after we have a clear picture how many are interested. I have used the exchange rate as at 2/11/09 so we may need to adjust that later.

from 1-9 sets: € 113,- = 104 P Pcs/ 208 P per set

from 10 sets: € 105,- = 95 P Pcs/ 190 P per set

from 15 sets: € 100,- = 90 P Pcs/ 180 per set

from 20 sets: € 95,- = 86 P Pcs/ 172 per set

Additional to that you may would need a set of mounts, the standard price for a set is 15€ (13,55 P). I’m quiet sure he will offer us a better price if we have the numbers of interested people together. P&P needs to be clarified later on as well, I will update this post.

I have got now the detailed measurements from SVC and it looks pretty much straight forward with these ones. After I have a better understanding how many people are interested I will order a set and sort out the last details.

You would need to mount theses lenses in any case with some silicone into the rim of the headlight. For information’s regarding light output please see here.

I don’t care for now how we handle the postage to any of you etc. We can use the GONADS network to distribute them as has been done before.

Lets see how that sounds to you. Cheers Volker

German Sevener in Scotland

Edited by - Damdy-Cash on 6 Feb 2010 19:16:50

Volker - I'm a little confused - you say

The Euro prices are for one, without headlight insert.

and then you say

from 1-9 sets: € 113,- = 104 P Pcs/ 208 P per set

So it's £208 a set plus the mounts (X2) plus the lamp units themselves? Sorry if I'm being daft and thanks for your efforts *thumbup*

Edited by - AVES on 12 Nov 2009 11:40:36

So it's £208 a set plus the mounts (X2) plus the lamp units themselves? Sorry if I'm being daft and thanks for your effortsthumbs up

you are right with the lights and lamp units but need only 1x the mounts as that is for a pair, sorry for the confusion

And is there any possibility of them being made without the mounting lugs? If there is then surely that would work betther for fitting to a Caterham?

Would not expect problems here and will clarify, please just help me how you would fit them alternatively?

And with the loom hole undrilled?

Again should be not a problems and will clarify

With EU LHD lamps

added to my points to clear

cheers Volker

Edited by - Damdy-Cash on 12 Nov 2009 22:35:22

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

after ages some update. Sorry that it has taken that long but I think in the end all went very fine. But step by step.

Bad message: The UK inserts from first post doesn't fit in to the CF headlight from first post ☹️. I was very pleased by the quality etc, but anyway it doesn't work.

Good message: Just 2 week ago I have found another CF light on eBay and couldn't resist buying it. Delivery was very fast. Pic from the ebay listing here. Some taken by me here herehere and the ring with the SVC insert from post one here. The insert comes not with the shells. The quality is quiet good even if there are some smaller areas where it is not absolute perfect. I would say pretty solid craftmans work. For me its perfect fine and another nice thing is that the upper part from the mounts is already integrated and it looks like the lower part from the CC one should do the job. I can not confirm yet because I will mount them in the next days.

The best part comes now: The price for the set is 130 Pound excl. P&P (6,50)!! I’m in contact with the guy, maybe he can do a special price for BC’ler if we avoid ebay costs but tbh I think that is already a damn fair price! eBay listing here

Cheers Volker

Edited by - Damdy-Cash on 15 Feb 2010 17:46:46

next update:

He has confirmed 120 + P&P outside eBay, Paypal or check is fine, 10 days wait for cheque clearance. He will make them to order and needs 2 days average to produce them. email is jockmcnicol (at) hotmail.com

As it will disappear in some days the text from the ebay listing:

These are beautifully made real carbon headlamp shells to replace metal ones for the kitcar enthusiast. size is 5/3/4".

you must transfer your original fittings to my lamps. ie , drill & pot rivet also use Sikaflex sealant.

NOW, pleeeeezz do not underestimate this product. UNLIKE OTHER SELLERS I did not buy this item on the cheap to chance a quick profit. I work hard for YOU to enhance your cars looks because I like doing it as a hobby. I might make one pair a week, or maybe 3 in a month, it depends on how I feel. So, what I am saying this is a hard item to get boys especially with limited availability of carbon on the market, so come on lads, lets get that car of yours looking good for the summer.

For overseas post, I will let you know the final cost before dispatch.

One point from him re screwing the rings to the shells

I have had feedback from previous peeps on this, they use 2 screws and a little SILKOFIX as added insurance.

And some more pics from my progress.

here and here taped to get the lenses sikaflex trough the ring and the result here.

aluminium holder with threaded rivnut here before and here after.

I have added some window sealing (is that right?) to give the ring more stability.

And now they are ready to go here here.

As I will lower the brackets as well that will be the job for next weekend.

cheers Volker

• 2 weeks later...

not really related to this, but I've just bought some lights from SVC (I like shiny ones so I can see the road dissapearing, behind me!) and they were very helpful indeed. Proper customer service, good turn around and very accommodating.

Edited by - brucehc on 24 Feb 2010 18:58:26