Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Garage conditions - how much of an impact?

thesheep

I currently have my old Xflow in the garage at my house. This garage, however, only has walls on 3 sides. So it will keep the rain off the car, but in the winter it won't stop the temperature dropping too much, because the back of the garage is open to the elements.

On the other hand, I could drive the car all the way back to my parents's house and put it in their garage, which is fully enclosed and completely dry.

Is it likely to be worth the extra effort to do that? Of course if I take it back I won't have ready access to the car if I want it. But I'd like to protect it as much as possible. How much difference is it likely to make?

--------------------------------------------------------

Caterham7Junkie.com

Edited by - thesheep on 28 Oct 2009 18:55:05

I parked mine up in a poly tunnel last winter, it was open along the ground edge by a foot or so each side and the car was only ten feet or so into the open end of the tunnel.

It came back with a few leaves and dust about it's parts but suffered less than in my fully enclosed garage where it had spent previous winters. It's twenty years old with bare ally and once polished minilites...and still made the front cover of Low Flying this year despite the patina! *wink*

Sunrise Sevens

'Wet the Webers, light them and blat!'