Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyre costs

Smally

Just reminded me *idea*. I had four A021Rs fitted to loose wheels at the weekend by George Polley. Top bloke - what a twat to find *confused*.

£242 inc everything. The best bit is how the car has been transformed *eek*. GRIP 🤔 Never known anything like it. There have been negative trade-offs but that is another story.

Steve B

Can we hear the other story for I am about to invest in some 021's from old tech Goodyear Eagles ( I can't wear the damned things out). Should I be forwarned or are you talking upgraditis, which I already expect.

Fastforward in a xflow

brian.fyfe@prospect.org.uk

FF,

Spot on!

After running the tyres in and attacking some of my favourite roads it became apparent that the suspension was having a hard time of it. The tendancy to 'tramline' seems greater.

I suspect that the whole lot needs looking at; springs, dampers and roll bars. This is simply to align the suspension settings with the much stiffer side walls of the 021 (compared to those awful Avon ZVs that were fitted previously).

Let me add the rider to this; my car is Roadsport spec and that may not have any relevance to your condition. Either way 021 tyres will provide a massive benefit to your car, but you should prepare for the consequences 😬.

Steve B