Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Clutch Cable

Tony Wright

Cable has snapped but as I have the Hayabusa engine fitted not sure what cable to get to replace it. I have a spare K series cable but although all the fittings are the same the actual internal cable is to short anyone any ideas 🤔

I have tried to contact the original owner but as yet no joy.

• Area Representative

Tony

I had a problem finding a clutch cable for mine and did some research online to find a cable the right length with the right outer casing. I looked on ebay and here to find one. I have now found one that I can modify to fit, althought it would be good to get one that had a perfect inner and outer.

Hope this helps.

Nick

Lava Orange Caterham Blackbird *cool*

Hi Nick, I think the cable is from the K series as the replacement one I have is nearly identical, except for the length. I took the old one to the shop this afternoon but without knowing what car it was off was like asking for the needle from the haystack. The spare K series one was still in the wrapper so has a serial number on it so will take this next time and see if there is a different length version of it.

• Area Representative

Tony

Measure the inner length in millimetres, go through the QH catalogue looking for cables the same length noting the models and go to a motorfactors and get them the pull them off the self to see if they would fit.

Nick

Lava Orange Caterham Blackbird *cool*

Only managed to find one picture that matches on the internet and its this one here (half way down the page) so will ring them in the morning with size etc.

Never asked but is it possible to solder or weld a new nipple on the end 🤔 sorry if my title was misleading because the nipple came off rather than cable snapped 😳