Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The second best use of Sloe's

The Village Idiot

From the quickthorn tree (see there is a link)

Obviously Gin is number 1 *wink*

But I have had made some Sloe jelly this year (as we couldn't get enough gin to use all the sloe's) and it is just terrific *thumbup*

Think redcurrant jelly but very sloey taste and sharp not sweet, fantastic on bread, with some cold ham, put in a stew or sauce/gravy, can't wait to experiment with it this winter *thumbup*

Dicks

(BTW does anyone else have hot beetroot as a veg with their roast red meet ? (with venison or lamb (lick lips)))

PS Hmm let me paint you a picture, frosty morning, breath forming crystals as you step out of the house, busy day outside, snow falling, log fire roaring sit down to lovely roast dinner of roasties, parsnip, sprouts, carrots, butternut squash, sloe gravy and roast llama *wink* 😬 - sounds good to me *thumbup*

Dicks, SWMBO does it, from memory about 45 minutes, leave the skin on and don't top and tale them, apparently cutting the tops off causes them to bleed and use a little bit of water in the roasting tin. I'll double check tomorrow when she's awake!!!! *wink*

NE Area Rep

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Edited by - Tyrone on 24 Oct 2009 00:57:01