Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Removing Rain-X

Eccles

Just plucking a few thoughts out of thin air as i haven't used RainX myself. Hows about trying........

Nilglass

Meths

LO30

LO30 by the way i use on a regular basis and can vouch for it's degreasing properties. Whether it works on the likes of RainX i don't know. Want a can ? Let me know.

Gordon.

Edited by - Whoosh on 21 Oct 2009 21:09:03

• Support Team

Halfords sell "Intensive Glass Cutter" which does the trick. I use their own brand of Rain-X and find it excellent on the 7 - hardly ever have to use the wipers.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Thanks guys, some good ideas, I'll have to give them a go *thumbup*

I always find the way the mist and dew on these cold mornings just keeps coming back on until the window had heated up a bit and I find I'm using the wipers for a mile or so down the road. I imagine that it's good for rain but the beading up of mist and drizzle etc very distracting. This is on my new tintop and, I guess, put there by the dealers as part of the valet it gets.

Cheers

Ivan

Meths will get Rain-X off glass.

I tried Rain-X on a window adjacent to my garden to stop the mud droplets from fouling the view. Bad idea! The missus went berserk about the streaky glare. Regular glass cleaner proved useless. Meths worked a treat.

(Single malt attenuated the din.)

-Bob

94 HPC VX Evo III