Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham branded speedo unit (circa '96>)

masha

only going on what the chaps in the service department at Dartford told me a few weeks ago, to allow a good few weeks for a repair.

I'm not sure who makes the Caterham branded ones, whether its a re-badged VDO or Smiths or what, but its the 2nd time I've had one go all wobbly

Sorry to hear it's a Caterham branded one. I do know it's not a VDO. Knowing Caterham, it's probably imported from Italy or some such cheaper supplier - hence the repair delay. Why not try the place in Tunbridge Wells?

<em>arrow</em><em>arrow</em>Harry Flatters<em>arrow</em><em>arrow</em> *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell

Thanks for the advice everyone, a few options there for getting my 'clicky' defective unit fixed a bit quicker. May be interested in your unit Dave although I assume its the later on with an LCD odometer, but might be worth a try to get the speedo bit running to keep it street legal while mine' s away for repair. Let me know how much you want for it if its up for grabs and gar and i will pop over in our 7s sometime next week and collect (yep gar bought a K-series like mine last week (PS shame you couldn't make it to the Ringlstone last month - Mick Atree bought his recently completed Duratech car which I thought would appeal to a Ford fan like yourself). I think there's a Ringlestone this coming Thu?

Matt

It's not an lcd one Matt - probably because it's off a live axle car.

I'll come along to the Ringleston on Thursday and bring the speedo if you like (i've also dropped you a line re your s/wheel)

Would have been good meeting up last time at the Ringleston, I planned to come but couldn't make it in the end unfortunately. Would have been good to see the Duratec car - I actually sold Mick a few bits before his car was finished funnily enough - Duratech should be good being all ali. I also wanted to have a chat with Phil Stewart re my new sequential box development.

Good to hear Gareth joined the gang.....................it was only a matter of time !

thanks - sorted then: I will sell-on either the 260mm Racetech or 260mm suede momo to fund getting the 260mm leather momo next week. see you Thursday.

PS anyone know what a later-type live-axle speedo costs new from caterham? Caterham tell me they no longer do them, but wouldn't say what they used to cost new.

has yours got the Caterham branding on it Dave?

Yes it's Caterham branded Matt - It's got part no 71225 on it although i'm not sure whether that's a Caterham part no.

I'm interested in your suede wheel Matt - Is it black, good cond and drilled for Caterham's quick release column ? I've got a 290mm Momo in black leather currently.

Cheers

Dave