Click here if you are having website access problems ×

immobiliser battery

Dave Rothwell

Hi all,

First many thanks to all for your replies to my helmet question a few weeks ago.

Todays dilemma is - I have never had a car with an immobiliser before.

This is probably because the immobiliser would have been worth more than the car it was attached to.

However my superlight has an immobiliser and / think the battery in one of the key fobs has gone duff. I expected in ignorance that you would just fit a replacement battery but the fob is a sealed unit.

I guess you have to buy a new fob ?? Are the immobilisers standard units from caterham or are they likely to be different aftermarket units.

The fob in question has Lucas and a number on the back. The keyring also has a little metal plate with a number on it - could be a serial for the fob.

As you see I know nothing about immobilisers. There are probably many other things I dont know about as well so thanks for your patience.

Cheers Dave.

My key fob , splits apart with a small electrical screwdriver . The batteries are available from photgrahic shops and Halfrauds .

Top Tip - always carry a spare battery duck taped to the underside of the dash ......... batteries will always run out just when you are miles from anywhere .....

Dave