Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New build: Front brake line connections wierd

MartinH

Hi All,

I have recently received my first kit and am progressing along nicely. Front suspension all done apart from the last bit in the manual about connecting the brake lines to the braided pipes that lead to the calipers.

The connections don't look right to me and there is a different type of connection on each side. Please have a quick look at the photos here:

Build Photos

On the left hand side the brake line seems to have a male end and on the right hand side the connection is different and has a plastic part on the end.

I am sure I am being dumb! Any advice?

Cheers,

Martin

• Area Representative

Probably confusing as I assume the temporary red plastic dust covers were not on both sides. As Tweeky says remove it and attach to the through body connector. Make sure that you tighten both sides before putting any fliud in the system.

Nick

Lava Orange Caterham Blackbird *cool*

Yep was being dumb. Thanks chaps. All done now. Have tightened up as tight as I dare for now. Not easy to get the torque wrench on those ones.

What to do next?...

Manual says engine stuff but I would prefer to do rear suspension. I'll maybe ask the forum a question on the topic of pros and cons of different build sequences.

Cheers,

Martin