Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SWAP: My Green ARB/bushes for an Orange/Blue one

Simon_hill

Hello,

I want to try a softer front anti roll bar on the the front of my car, so wondered if anyone was wanting to swing the other way so to speak *eek*

Mine is the Green (18mm) version for a standard track car. The car's mainly used on the road, where I think it's unnecessary.

I'm looking for an orange (1/2") or blue (9/16") bushed bar (and bushes). I don't want the 10mm bar, which I think was fitted from '96 (and might have also had an orange bush just to confuse things?)

It's probably a long shot, but worth the try just in case.

Cheers, *thumbup*

Simon

Edited by - simon_hill on 18 Oct 2009 03:58:29

B*gger! Should have researched more thoroughly.

I was worried the red bar wouldn't be a big enough step (factor of 1.65 vs. 4.03 for the orange bar).

I want it to be very balanced with just me in and weakest rear arb setting and then be able to compensate for a passenger using the rear bar when I do go on a track day.

At the moment, it's only balanced with max rear ARB, higher rear pressures and with me on my own - a passenger just makes it understeer. Then having the arb set stiff is uncomfortable on the road.

try a post on the grads race club forum: http://graduates.org.uk/forum/default.asp

probably lots of people with spare bars that they could sell or swap

for a live axle race car there is a big difference in moving from orange to red and then a similar difference red to green so you may only want to move down one.... not sure the effect this would have on de dion chassis though!

buy car, race car, win