Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1800 K Series Engine

mikes

Hi Mike,

Sitting in the corner of my garage I might have just what you want.

It was originally a 2002 MGTF 135 engine which I bought from a scrap yard with only 2032 miles on it. The MG was a write off.

I built a Caterham from a kit around the engine and it was first registered in July 2006. I decided at around 4000 miles to upgade the engine, so went to Dave Andrews, AKA oily hands, DVA, gave him a brand new cylinder head upon which he weaved his magic. The bottom end remained standard but with Dave's head , a dry sump system, Emerald ECU and Jenvey throttle bodies, it gave 196 bhp on the Emerald rolling road. I have the graph.

This engine covered around a further 2000 miles when I decided I wanted more power. I bought a collection of new parts which I built into a new engine which is now in the car which gives 215 bhp. The original engine is still complete but I have used the ECU and throttle bodies for the new engine.

So what I have for sale is as follows:-

Basically MGTF 2002 (EU3) 135 engine which has covered a total of approximately 8000 miles. I left the sump from the dry sump system attached to keep the engine sealed. The modified DVA head with hydraulic tappets and 1320 cams is still attached and has never been removed since fitting. It currently has no flywheel fitted but I do have a std Caterham flywheel which would be supplied. Not for sale is the Emerald ECU although I can supply the map from the original rolling road session. Nor are the throttle bodies but I do have the original injectors, fuel rail and relief valve which would be included.

To make this a runner you would need an Emerald ECU and Jenvey throttle bodies.

I am open to offers but believe it to be worth around £1500.

Regards,

Simon

Simon. Yellow Roadsport DVA