Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Britcar Masters

taffyracer

Well done to you all - amazingly consistent driving and some great scraps on Saturday. I was marshalling at Paddock Bend (where else?) so had a great view too.

My back and arms are killing me today, from sweeping gravel!

The Mazdas just couldn't keep out of the stuff, rolling and squealing their way round. But the night race was mad to marshal - could hardly see a thing when cars went off. Had one thorough gravel sand-blasting from an incoming car and learnt very quickly that's why you face away and crouch down until it's stopped. Trouble is, your instinct wants you to watch it!

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone considering this for 2010? I'm signed up and I'm considering racing some if not all rounds with a co-driver, so if anyone fancies sharing a CSR with Quaife sequential and some other nice bits then please get in touch

C7 YUM

Edited by - taffyracer on 24 Jan 2010 21:52:56

a bit more than expected but there is a fair bit of racing and its a great series to be a part of, good vibe and some great racing........prices vary and it's not as straightforward as saying it's £x unfortunately - here

C7 YUM

Edited by - taffyracer on 29 Jan 2010 20:49:31

Taffy - I'm racing with a mate, zub on here and other places. We are going for some light support between races and sort of self running. We might do the races alongside our chum Richard chamberlain with his 935 and/or the little Elise.

Freestyle/gary helped make the car race legal last year. Dpr or bpr are v handy for me so might try them as they will make the to/froing easier.

I expect we'll do 2 or 3 meets as we're racing another car also and we both have young kids and wives who do not have a love of racing!

James

I been racing for 20 mins on slicks for years, that is long enough for me. I must be unfit *tongue*

Last year, I was getting four 13min races with three 15 min qualifying for less than half these costs 😳 Good luck for the year though *thumbup* *wavey*

Want to rent an 18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Probably not this one in apr, but we will do the next Snett mtg in Jul. We're racing a Juno acouple of times this year so trying to spread the racing out to keep some sort of handle on costs!

We are looking for an extra half a second or so in the caterham to catch those csr cars on the fast bits. Hmmm. Will prob fit a tonneau and see if I can lose a few kg.

Good luck

James

• 2 weeks later...

Gents - I'm in similar boat as was due to race at (now cancelled) Snett race in July. What's Mag 7s like? I've seen regs and looks like I can race my car in one of the upper classes, but as it was Class 1 in Britcar no problem. Realistically I'd only do 1 or 2 races this year, most likely 1. However, as the car is in race spec and I've lost a race or two with britcar I might give it a go.

How large is the field looking and what's the quality like? Also, it looks like road tyres so I'm guessing everyone is going for the new Avons with almost no tread? Any thoughts gratefully received!

James