Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Britcar Masters

taffyracer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boss is doing it in a C400 spec K-series. He'll be sharing it with a mate of his, so they're doing one race each on Nov 7th. I've got my last Academy spec race the week before, so won't be doing it, but will be there supporting (perhaps in the 7, if the weather permits!).

Jez

Build Photos

I might enter, but may have other commitments that weekend - won't know for a few days yet. Have to say that 2 x 40 minute races round the Indy circuit could get a little dull if there aren't some closely matched cars to play with..

fatcat, I think it's going to be a blinder.....James Tucker told me on friday that there is a potential grid of 35-40cars....only a few have actually signed up as yet but that's always the same 3 weeks before a race, especially for a new series.........James has a knack of making things happen so I'd expect a decent grid..........I really enjoyed my time racing in Britcar, its a good format with some great cars and great people, 90min races with pit stops/refuelling and slicks in a 7 is just too good for me to miss.

C7 YUM

I'm there assuming I get my car back from Freestyle and race prepped in time (should be fine...he hopes). It was sitting in the garage doing nothing, had most of race bits like full cage already so thought might as well give it a go. I've never raced a Caterham so should be amusing getting my ar$e kicked by theoretically slower cars.

I have heard similar rumour from Britcar re numbers. We might be racing an Elise in the Britcar night race that day also

Glad to hear it, if it;s any consolation I have also never raced a caterham, in fact i haven't even sat in my car yet, the friday test will be the 1st time! I also have a possible drive in the night race.....can't wait to get back out, soooo soooo excited

C7 YUM

Ok, my SLR is good to go. There's something minorly awry in electricals (getting excuses in early...), but we are going to be there.

I seem to be in class 1 which is a bit rough against you CSR boys! What is a class 1 lap time of Brands Indy likely to be?

James

Edited by - jimmyslr on 4 Nov 2009 14:40:06

I suspect the classes are a bit random at the moment - there's a 1600 Hyabusa Seven that's likley to be the fastest car of all yet that's been put in class 3...

If dry and not too cold then a well driven CSR will be in the low 49's - and Graham Fennymore is very good so high 48's are possible. Personally I shall be happy with low 50's *redface* 😬

Oh dear! I'm going to get a beating I fear. We did a little bit of testing to shake down the car and only managed 51s best (not me) and 52s (me). We might have dropped one lap into sub 51s but didn't show on the data logger later???

Edited by - jimmyslr on 5 Nov 2009 10:42:14

Yes tyres are free for this event only, low 49's sound optmistic, Graham Fennymore got the lap record in a C400 of 50.9, my GT3 cup car's best lap time was 49.2 and the CSR is not quite as fast as that, close but the best time we got last week was low 51's but that was on 2 year old Avon's and 1st time out with worn shocks, with new Dunlop's we were expecting late 49's to early 50's, low 49's would be exceptionally fast

Good luck to all......for some unkown reason my back decided to give way yesterday am whilst cleaning my teeth, FFS cleaning my teeth of all things, I spent most of yesterday with the same physio that the WRU use hoping to relieve the spasms so I could at least make it to Brands for the am but no use, i'm now laid up and drugged to the eyeballs on a mixture of Tomazepam, Brufen and Co Codamol.........soo sooo gutted *thumbdown*

C7 YUM

Not that optimistic, I've dipped into the 49's on slicks and I'm fat and slow. 😬

From memory, all the top runners in the old CSR Masters series were in the 49's for qualifying and I have a vague suspicion that one may have cracked 48.

Graham's C400 time would presumably have been on CR500 road tyres so its not directly comparable - although bleedin' quick nonetheless!

However tomorrow may well be cold and damp so all bets on flashy lap times may be off..

See you all there tomorrow at stupid o'clock or whatever God forsaken time we have to sign on...TaffyRacer - do you reckon you can make it, maybe a night's rest (and a large whisky) will sort it?

Edited by - fatcat on 6 Nov 2009 17:07:17

TaffyRacer, thanks for the kind words. Graham Fennymore really is something else - not only did he bang in a 49.1 but he did it consistently enough to lap the entire field!

Suspect my best of 49.8 was down to getting a tow when he came past!

Still two races, two third places, I'm happy but, bloody 'ell, my neck aches this morning - not fit enough for qualifying & 2 x 40 min races all in one morning..

Hope you back gets better so

cheers

Nigel

Diazepam, Brufen and CO Codamol are doing their trick but still gutted, yep it was a tight timetable wasn't it, not ideal but next year it'll be 1 longer race so.......those times were spectacular, my co-driver is also very fast, he lapped all the Class 2 cars in Britcar last time out at brands within 45mins, including our GT3 team mates, he's an ex superbike racer and I suspect he might have given Graham Fennymore some opposition.....another time, 2 pots....well done *thumbup*

C7 YUM