Click here if you are having website access problems ×

6 Speed Box Reverse Light Connection

F355GTS

I've just removed my Engine and Gearbox and whilst out and having some Engine work done I want to prepare some things for SVA etc

Can anybody tell me how the reverse light wiring connects to the gearbox?, I can't for the life of me see anywhere for the two barrel connectors to connect! is it something to do with the Aluminium plate on the top with a 4mm approx hole in it and held in with 6 small allen bolts?

Mark

The reverse light switch is on the drivers side, about level with your left knee from memory, as you sit in the car. It is accessed via a rubber grommet in the side of the transmission tunell.

Maybe your racer has a blanking plug in the gearbox or something as the casting must be the same?

there are two types of switch as well. one takes two connections like that on a 9V battery and the newer types have two male spade connectors.

As Juilian says its behind one of the two grommits by your left knee (which will be under the carpet if you have one, and may be behind the seat if its pulled right forward.

HOOPY

Thanks guys but the gearbox is out of the car, I've looked on the drivers side (and the other) and can't see any switch or for that matter where it should be located???????? I'm confused!

Connectors on wiring are barrel type rather than spade

Mark