Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow/Weber Alpha/Megajolt stuff on E.bay

Molecular--Bob

Hi all

I am selling a few megajolt related crossflow bits on Ebay.

1. Weber alpha trigger wheel (TDC) kit. here

2. Burton Steel front pulley. here

More bits to follow including megajolt V3 and edis 4 when i find them.

Edited by - molecular--bob on 12 Oct 2009 17:16:16

Edited by - molecular--bob on 12 Oct 2009 17:20:39

Edited by - molecular--bob on 13 Oct 2009 14:40:04

I use the trigger wheels one and it was not much of a hassle, I got it machined out and then welded to the steel pulley (using the bed of a lathe for alignment...) but cost me about £50 just for that, plus the cost of the parts... so about £90 all in...

But as Alex says... buy this and avoid the hassle I had of making a sensor bracket and also buying the sensor etc... I have seen Alex's set up and it is very impressive bit of kit.

Jon

Thanks for the tips.

I need to carefully compare trigger wheels standard/options package

against their custom ford/Xflow package.

here

then you have to navigate to their Megajolt engine management page which has the standard package and then select the Ford option to see the custom Xflow package. (annoyingly all their pages seem to have the same URL so that is the best I can navigate you there)

decisions

decisions!

Gavin

1988 1700 Supersprint (LA, long cockpit)

Edited by - Clousta on 13 Oct 2009 06:16:30

Edited by - Clousta on 13 Oct 2009 06:17:19

Go on! Make Bob an offer. Seriously, once you've tried to make your own sensor bracket, and paid to have the trigger wheel fettled to the pulley, this is a complete no brainer in terms of cost. It's a lot cheaper, and the quality is good. The kit includes a Marelli sensor which works with the MJ (with the +ve side marked, so you can get the wiring right 1st time), a sensor mounting specifically for the xflow that fits beautifully, and a proper machined washer that fits between the pulley and the wheel like a glove.

The only extras you'll need are a decent pulley washer (the supplied one is made of cheese) and a longer bolt (too short imho once you've used a proper 1/4" thick steel washer). Both cost me 2 quid in total.

One other thing I need to do and still haven't done is get the pulley and the wheel tack welded, as it's all held by a hardened steel pin, which others on BC have suggested has a tendency to break.

Bob, I'm on 10%, ok? 😬

Alex McDonald

Loud, louder, loudest...

Hi Alex, thanks for acting as my agent 😬

I think i will have to let the auctions run as i recognize some of the bidder usernames from here.

I have found the Edis parts that i couldn't find earlier, *redface*They were bolted to the scuttle of the caterham *redface* so the Jolt and complete EDIS (with coil pack) will be up for grabs from next Sunday.

I will also have a Weber alpha TPS kit that has been trial fitted and then removed.

In fact the only bit of a megajolt setup that i don’t have is the loom as I never got around to wiring up the connector. I do have the loom plug and I think I have a set of pins for the plug. The Jolt is untested, other than the construction voltage checks (which it passed) but I have communicated with it and loaded a crossflow map and it is registering the TPS voltage change, so it should be alive.

The Alpha bits are nice, fit for purpose, and probably not much more expensive than the triggerwheels stuff.

If anyone wants me to price up the bits i do have before they reach Ebay just let me know and i will try and figure out some reasonable values.

Ian b

Hi all

here are the rest of my megajolt related parts in a webshots album: here

I intend to give Gavin (Clousta)first refusal on these, and then Marcus (Techbod) as they have expressed an interest. If they decide not to take them then open to offers on any remaining parts until next Sunday when they will be E.bayed.

Prices are tagged to the photos and listed here

1. Weber TPS £40.00

2. Megajolt £65.00 (full refund if not working as not fully tested)

3. EDIS4 £15.00 (not tested but sold to me as working)

4. Loom plugs £5.00 (compatible with weber TPS and crank sensor)

5. Loom wire kit £10.00 (includes sheilded wire)

6. plug leads £15.00

All plus postage