Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ECU driven Fan

scooby dooby doo

There is a recent thread titled "K Series engin temp question" that I think has the answer to the fan bit of your question ....

(Sorry, havn't worked out how to do links yet but a scan down the list of topics should find it - it was last updated earlier today)

Keep flying low

The Mole @ the molehill

Shift light. 2nd row, 6 in from LHS, looking from a socket's eye view with the catch on top of the connector between black-purple(5 in) and green-grey (7 in).

Fan switch is 6 in from the LHS on the bottom row as described above between another unused pin and a grey (Lambda signal).

*thumbup*253 bhp, up and running *thumbup*

Are you safe to drive the fan straight from this output or should it go through a relay not having this set up myself but worry about asking an ECU to run a fan when a relay cost less than a fiver and the consiquences of a blown ECU would be 10 times the cost

I runmy rad fan from an electronic temp controller unit as seen on the fridges in Tescos etc these cost about 32 pounds and are programable to the temp they come on and off and switch 8amp also show the temp I have a stack and the temp prob for the stack is in the thermostate housing and the PT100 probe for the temp controler is in the water flow after the state so on warm up it always reads a lot lower then the stack or other way around so when the two eaqualise the state has opened and the engine is warmed up nicely.

Paul.

See My Car Here