Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wide Track

Rob k

the widetrack kit comes with all those bits. you get extenders for the track rod arms, shocks, anti roll bars and new flexible brake line hoses as well as the actual wishbones.

The different angle of the shocks and wheel rate will change the effective spring and damper rate though. I don't think the effect is that marked though.

Also note that the washers have to be spaced differently on the lower wishbone to get the camber rate. ie all four of them at the back (I think) instead of two front and two back.

HOOPY

It makes about 12% difference due to the change in angle of the damper / spring.

When I changed I was running 300lb/in springs, with widetrack these springs were noticeably softer. I replaced them with 350lb/in springs and that restored matters. Springs are cheap I would definetly change them too. I left the dampers as they were and couldn't really say I noticed the change.

Also note that the washers have to be spaced differently on the lower wishbone to get the camber rate. ie all four of them at the back (I think) instead of two front and two back.

That'd be caster (castor........), not camber..................

Pros:

Widetrack gives more roll resistance allowing the use of a softer ARB

Cons:

I'm rather concerned that with the widetrack and stiff-enough springs I'm not getting enough movement of my dampers, thanks to their operating angle.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

12% - cheers - i did wonder how much difference it made.

true - i did mean castor.

decent dampers should be able to cope alright - the std caterham ones aren't that great really i think. Need to play with my new AVOs more first though! (100 quid each with springs, adj damping and ride height. Bilsteins are 75+VAT with adjustable ride height aren't they?

what a useful thread is being *smile*

HOOPY

I'm Glad I Started It.

I'ts Just Starting To Go Over My Little Bald Head Now.

I Think I Might Get Juno To Fit It For Me So I Know It's All In Line

Edited by - Rob K on 30 Jul 2002 14:00:21

V7 SLR - Widetrack gives more roll resistance allowing the use of a softer ARB

So why the girt fat ARB supplied with widetrack?

When you order widetrack with a new roadsport you get the full supersport suspension with rear arb (and of course a proper widetrack steering rack). Is a rear arb also part of the aftermarket kit?

Absolutely no hitchhikers *thumbdown*

the widetrack kit came with two ARBs when i got it. one had a red spot on the bag and one a green spot. I returned them as I have an adjustable freestyle motorsport bar. Which is considerably lighter BTW...

The nice people at Freestyle also gave me *two* stickers as they are red or black as my car is. Looks really good with the red one on the right hand carbon rear wing and the black one on the bottom left of the rear panel *smile*

HOOPY