Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Kumho ecsta v700 215/50R13 questions

skydragon

Paul,

Prey tell what mods are you trying with the brakes this time 🤔 I think Ray is keeping his beady eye on you so be careful

Last time we went to Anglesey Lynn tried it without braking and I got some nice new carbon wings 😬 😬

I can't remember - is it your turn to beat me by 0.2 seconds or my turn to beat you by a similar margin *wink*

After 4 consecutive weekends away this 3 week break seems to be going really slowly. Roll on Isle of Mon

C&L *wavey*

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Chris

If I my new braking setup doesn’t work will you buy me some nice new carbon (clamshell) wings? 😬 😬 😬

0.2 seconds? I think that you have got your decimal point in the wrong place – Wiscombe was nearly 2 seconds 😳 It's Lynn that I am worried about *wavey*

Paul

• 5 months later...

Quick update (and final info to help anyone thinking of using Compomotive CXR's in the future).

I finally ordered;

2 x Front wheel - CXR1370 7x13 Offset et12. Wheel backspace 112mm. in black

2 x Rear wheel - CXR1381 8x13 . Offset et24. Wheel backspace 137mm in black

They arrived approx 3 weeks after ordering and fitted spot on, with approx 10mm gap between tyre sidewall and standard CC cycle wing stay .

After some cutting/welding of the wingstays to lower the cycle wing closer to the tyre and adding some wide carbon cycle wings from Carbonmods and a set of soft compound Khumo V70 215 /50 r13 tyres, all is now finished.

I also ordered a set of black steel wheel nuts from Eliseparts.

photo of finished result here

1.6 K Series EU3, 2003, with DVA K05 and a few other goodies...

website here