Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Dedion Ears

DCG

Arnie are you sure ?

They should be handed as denoted by the countersunk holes on them.

They are normally stamped lh/rh as they have the camber machined into them.

this is important with the radial mount calipers as this will affect the angle of caliper to disc.

i may be wrong but its worth checking

dave

Dave,

Don't remember them being stamped. they are identical an dnot handed. The C/sunk holes are to hold them on the jig in the first place when being made!

There can be issues, most likley the outer CV casing rubbing lightly on the ear (but only on the 1.5 deg version, and soon put right with a file!)

The caliper mounts on the rear face, so it'll never line up with the disc. It just beds in eventually.

The whole thing is a bodge, but it works.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM site

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

Interesting. The parts CD lists left and right handed ears (or end plates as it calls them) but only for the race rear brakes. The ears for standard brakes just have one part number.

The difference between standard and race brakes is the mounting, standard brakes are bolter thro the ear, race brakes are radial mounted with the bolts going down into the ear. If these bolts are not central to the ear then the ears will need to be handed I guess.

At least this expolains the confusion with half of us saying they are and half saying they're not.

Hoopy

You're right to be confused. I was merely quoting from the Caterham parts CD, it lists end plates in different camber angles for approx 70 a shout so thats definetly the ear. It calls the ally plate that fits between the ear and the tube a gasket.