Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiscombe crash

Stuart Miller 7

Congrats Mark on the class record. I have much to learn.

Thank you all for your concern.. and thanks for the lift onto my trailer on Saturday and to Mark for sorting me out with Andy Belcher. I even made it home safely despite someone overtaking on the solid whites coming the other way on the A303! The trailer stayed behind me as I put two wheels on the verge... almost hit a dear on the way, Saturday morning so I guess that's my three!

SO, 79mph over Bunny's and you can slow enough for the gate. 84mph and you can't settle the car and then brake in time - or at least I can't. Couldn't find "additional driver talent" in the upgrades and accessories section on the Caterham Website today. Saving grace is I ran 44.29 on my first run (and was trying to beat that) - interesting phsychological aside is that everyone with only one exception, ran slower after the tow truck parked my broken car on the start line. ??? *redface*

Damage: think I've been pretty lucky unless Andy can find any more wrong when he starts work. So far - steering rack platform plus tweak the chassis rails out, steering rack? , radiator, steering arms and front wings and nosecone. I can fix the wings myself and there'll be a solution for the nosecone. Let's hope that's it - oh - and my shoulders are a little sore.

Fingers crossed and hope to see you all at Anglesey. *wavey*

Stuart

• Area Representative

Stuart,

fingers crossed that its a short list of bits to repair as you have written. It could have been a lot worse as the pillars on the Gate look pretty solid to collide with! Glad to hear that you got home safely too *wink*

Cheers

Nick

Back in a BEC! - But trying to get into Class 1...