Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiscombe

Andrew Willoughby

Well done to Mark for FTD and new class record in 4.

I can not believe I spend more £ than I care to put on a forum and am still slower than my class 3 engine *eek*. I guess you need to be brave at Bunnies and I failed on that one.

I have to say it was a great day and again shows the spirit and friendship that the sprint championship has. I would have been happy sitting in the sun with a pint of Otter watching all the old cars going up the hill.

David

I would also like to add my hearty congratulations Mark, well done *thumbup* Thoroughly enjoyed competing against you this year, sometimes a little frustrating, when I think I have just pipped you and then you go even quicker - on the last two events I break the class record, you then come along minutes later and take it straight back. Respect to you *smokin*

Watch out class 5, Mark is coming 😬 😬 😬

To echo Davids comments, yesterday was a marvellous day, the setting, the weather and fellow competitors all contributed to one of the most enjoyable events of the season. Thanks to everyone for their help and support - a thoroughly good time was had. *wavey*

Stuart - hope you are not too bruised this morning 🤔 Good luck with the repairs, seems like a very good excuse for all those upgrades you have been considering *cool* Hopefully see you at Anglesey.

C&L *wavey*

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

• Area Representative

Andrew - don't worry, you are still leading Class 1...but only just I think *wink*

Class win for Alan who set a new Class 1 record (48.27) just after Neil had set 48.29. I couldn't do better than 48.78. Ian dipped under 50 seconds at 49.70 but unfortunately Mike didn't quite make it at 50.89

Richard took Class 2, Mike S had class 3, Mark D. Class 4 and David Nelson Class 5. Superb weather conditions and we thought the Class 1 record would be under threat but it took the final run right at the end of the afternoon to get it sorted. *thumbup*

See you at Angelsey *smokin* *biggrin*

Cheers Nick

Back in a BEC! - But trying to get into Class 1...

Thanks for putting me out of my misery, Nick, and congratulations to all winners and record-holders, particularly Alan 😶‍🌫️.

Well done on your result, Nick - it's set Anglesey up to be a real nail-biter in our class. I just wonder who'll be going in Class 1 .................... *tongue* *wink*!

Andrew

Edited by - Andrew Willoughby on 13 Sep 2009 18:01:03

• Area Representative

No intention of doing any hills let alone Wiscombe until last Saturday as we left Aintree. So that's what hillclimbing is about *tongue*.

Very pleased with the result but a very different experience to the tracks - I am quite happy that the last two events are back on the circuits again *smokin* 😬

Congratulations to all of the class winners and record setters – great times across every class. You have my admiration…

May I also second some of the comments about what an excellent day this was: it was like a 7 hour picnic in marvellous setting overlooking the wooded hills of Devon - with a small dash of adrenalin provided by the sprint up the hill.

Although there were a number of ‘incidents’ it was good that nobody was injured – the gate posts and trees looked fairly robust. Stuart – I hope the repairs turn out to be fairly straightforward.

See you in Anglesey *wavey*

Graham

Congratulations everyone, but sorry to hear about the incidents.

Sounds like Class 1 was as intense as ever - fantastic home win Alan *thumbup* bad luck Neil 😳 good first drive Nick - well done everyone.

Hmmmm, Anglesey *cool* I suspect Class 1 might be well represented 😶‍🌫️

*wavey*