Click here if you are having website access problems ×

JPE

Peter T

Gorgeous car and it will fetch its money I'd say without question.

Just a couple of points, and apologies in advance as the answers are possibly on BC already but I had a 5 year sabatical *wink*

Was this car originally turbo charged? and was it up for sale by a chap in Scotland circa 2000-2002 at a cracking price.

One other point of interest for me is the exhaust primaries. They look identical to mine right down to the positioning of welds, length etc............is that a standard JPE system on the car?, any idea of the primary sizes on it.?

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Thanks Peter, I've got a big 7 1/4" inch can on mine but without that squiggly bit on the collector *wink*, looks like that may have been specially made too.

I'm just trying to fathom if the main exhaust on the car is the same as mine, it looks identical.

I seriously thought about buying that car when it came up but went for an SLR instead.

I then found out it went to a club member. Rightly or wrongly it was the turbo issue that put me off snapping it up on impulse as I usually do 😔.........The bloody SLR will be about 16k worth now for whoever owns it........ It proves what the best investment would have been.

Thanks for that.

I

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Looks like a very nice car just wish I had the spare cash ☹️

That is the only other 7 that I have seen with the same 15in Dymag wheels that I have, anyone got any idea how many cars had these wheels?

As for the exhaust it looks similar to mine, I had the standard 4 to 1 system but had a new 7in silencer made and at the timethey put a kink in the pipe just after the collector as per this car. It get the bottom of the silencer level with the bottom of the car.

Alan

Hmmm, wonder what Mr. Matty would offer me for an excellent original 218 with minor porting mods to head and induction and a '95 x/flow in super nick in exchange?

What designation were on the chassis plates to denote JPE by the way or will this car be classed as as a VXT?

There is certainly a lot of interesting history on this particular car on here and on other sites re. its development and conversion I've found out in the last day or say.

It is certainly getting me thinking..pity I'm powerless to act for a few weeks as I'm sure it will be gone then.

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

• Area Representative

Everything you want to know about this car was in LF August 2005, written by Mike himself. I re-read the article when I met Mike and saw the car at the MPH show which The Club attended.

BTW: where has the JPE exhaust guard gone? ☹️

And the original seats which Mike put in? (Nice though Tillets are)

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

Edited by - Golf Juliet Tango on 13 Sep 2009 22:50:04

JPE, only because it has so much Kudos.

Iconic car that was before any high performance seven before it.

In terms of engine spec that was extremely expensive at the time and set new record for the 7. *thumbup*

Yes we did have the BDR HPC which also was very unique but this did set a new milestone in terms of perfomance. *idea*

• Area Representative
Everything you want to know about this car was in LF August 2005, written by Mike himself

Aye, entitled "downgrading" or something similar if I remember rightly, and followed Mike's journey to revert the car to factory JPE spec. which involved a hell of a lot of work beyond just binning the turbo - jolly interesting stuff *thumbup*.

I would also be in the queue if I had the cash, tis a cracking 7 *smile*

Cruds

Back in 1992, a JPE was the second Caterham I experienced (after trying a 1.4k SS). Being "demonstrated" by someone who seriously knew his 7s, it totally blew my socks off! *eek* *eek* *eek* 😬

I knew then I would have to have a fast 7 and not just rush in to owning a "slow" one.... then waited 14 years.... but worth it! 😬

Still admire the JPE and what it stands for in the history of Caterham.

Peter

BRAWNGP green SUPERLIGHT *smokin*

FCITW 2009 😬