Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2010 track day suggestion

Dyrill

*arrowup*, agreed

Brands, Bedford, Silverstone, Snetterton?

i would like to take part in a club trackday, but find most of the tracks are tad far away that the clubs tends to attend.

Kawasaki Green SLR

Edited by - Jam3s on 10 Sep 2009 07:39:52

I'm in the process of looking into track days for 2010.

Brands and Silverstone are a bit costly to hire, especially the grand prix circuits, which is partly the reason why the club did not do Brands GP this year.

Sevens usually have noise level problems at Bedford hence the reason why we have never gone there. The Indy circuit at Brands also now has a reduced noise level limit from memory of 98db

We've done Rockingham a few times but it has never been as popular as the other circuits that the club have used.

Club member Obns organises an evening track day at Snetterton which I'm sure he will do again next year.

I'll look at all suggestions and see what I can do, but at the moment in these economic times, it's a case of choosing the circuits that are cheaper to hire and that I can sell out.

Geoff *smile*

Geoff,

Brands indy, 102db

Brands GP, 101db

Snetterton, 105db

I understand the cost's involved in any track that is involved with MSV, maybe a few dates suggested that we can book onto as you would normally rather than hire the entire track for the day.

i noticed that brands GP OPL, is available on the 22nd sept, but personally i refuse to pay £400 for a UK trackday!

Kawasaki Green SLR

• 2 weeks later...
Having spent a fantastic Test Day at North Weald as a guest with Club Lotus mxing it with Elise/Exige/Elan/Esprit and TVR (limited to 25 cars) couldn't we do this? cost to them of £30 and on a one to one basis just the thing for beginners (like me).