Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Compomotive Wheels - revisited - Prices confirmed.

jeremybu

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the standard is the Chrome cap, 2.5" is the size (63.5mm). I think they look alright on the rear 8" rims, but the fronts look silly, they stick out far too much and the chrome really stands out on the grey colour I went for.

I have therefore just ordered some of these and will try painting them to match (or black if I hash that up 😬)

Phil Waters

Edited by - philwaters on 27 Nov 2009 21:26:45

Hi Jeremy,

may you have missed my post re caps

I have chosen the caps as well, but wonder what type of cap for a black CXR set would be delivered as they have quite some variants here and what the price would be.

Do you know the answer?

I think I'm anyway go for Phils suggestion but would like to understand what would be delivered and what is the price.

cheers Volker

German Sevener in Scotland

I have order forms in from:

Pierre/Gilles

Volker

Jake

Jek

I'm going to submit these on Wednesday so if anyone else wants to be included, please return the form by then.

Jake, I need your offsets still. From past experience, I think 6/ET20 and 7/ET18 would be OK but the decision is yours.

In addition - re caps, you can have a set of any of the 2.5 here types free or you can have a flat black plastic or a flat 'chrome' version which are also free.

OK, according to Polley (and here) ,

6x13 Front - ET19 (or whatever everyone thinks will work best)

7x13 Rear - ET24 (I originally though something will smaller offset, but looking at Simon's car they are plenty pushed out with the 205s on them).

these are the ones fitted here: here (Simon's Car) and they seem to look good with 205s mounted.

I also had down grey (like: here), which I am sticking with unless something out there thinks that it may not look good on a Green/Yellow striped cc - your opinion matters!?

Also, yeah, I guess the black plastic caps (shorter ones)...wonder where Simon got his caps as they look pretty good!

I hope I got it right!

OK, so the forms are being submitted today, I suppose we then contact compo to send give our CC numbers?

Any thoughts out there from the audience of whether or not I should go with Black or Grey with a BRG/Yellow striped CC? Although I may end up changing in a year or so to Kawasaki green after my DVA upgrade :)

It may be wise to check that your studs are long enough when your wheels arrive. I fitted the longer studs to be sure as the nuts didn't fully engage.

1.6 SV - GJ02JLO - If there's one thing I've learned, it's that it should have been something else.