Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Compomotive Wheels - revisited - Prices confirmed.

jeremybu

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian (at Comp) did say that you get less space for brakes on the 1380 wheel - I didn't follow up to see if it would be enough to suit my car (LA) so it might be worth checking what space you need for rear DD discs before deciding on style alone.

Personally, I think the 1381 is the way to go, it'll match the front much better which isn't deep enough to be dished.

Phil Waters

It looks like 4 sets on here but there has been some interest on PMs. I'm waiting for the other 2 to advise and if they are still in, we have the 6 needed I think.

1.6 SV - GJ02JLO - If there's one thing I've learned, it's that it should have been something else.

• Area Representative

MBE Ecu failure 😔...mean no budget this month for wheels I'm affraid *cry*

However as bulk buy are often quite long to set up I could be in for a set at the end of November...but nothing sure at the moment *rolleyes*

Dom's would put the order to 7 sets which is enough. There needs to be rapid movement to satisfy Dom so I'll email the forms tomorrow. I'm away for a week on Friday so you all need to sort ASAP. I'll speak to Compo to see if they can accept the orders direct so things can carry on next week.

1.6 SV - GJ02JLO - If there's one thing I've learned, it's that it should have been something else.

Hi Phil and many thanks to point out the space issue. I go save and take now the 1381. Not fancy to have unusable wheels.

Jeremy: I haven't got the form?

cheers Volker

Here are some more pics

here

here

here

here

and for the overview the others from the prvious posts

here

here

German Sevener in Scotland

Edited by - Damdy-Cash on 21 Oct 2009 22:11:07

Yes, send us the forms and we shall order....

still debating on which to get...agree with not getting the 1380s, but I have a 2002 supersport (138bhp) so nothing too powerful so should I go with 8" or 7" rear wheels? This car is for normal daily driving (when I pretend like I am on the track) and a few track days.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I need wheels now as well. I have the basic mini wheels coming off for powder coating and need the wheels as the Caterham is my only car (besides the gixxer).

In any case, I found a guy (who also sells on eBay) who will sell me a set of 6" fronts, 8" rear (though I will get 7s) for 363 gbp delivered. I am recomfirming tonight so if interested in this let me know. I was willing to stick it out and pay more to support the bulk buy, but sadly I do need to get it done!

I will post back tomorrow (or this eve maybe) if this deal is still available. If it is not, I will stick with the bulk buy and just have to deal with it!

Jake

May be tempted by 1 set too.

7 front and 8,5 rear.

My main concern is about offsets:

Front: to be sure the wheel won't touch the wing stay

Rear: to be sure the wheel won't touch the AP caliper (uprated rear brakes).

Can anybody tell me if those offsets are OK:

7x13 ET20 front and 8,5x13 ET24 rear ?

Edited by - Catastrada on 16 Nov 2009 11:32:00