Click here if you are having website access problems ×

weekend tickets for anywhere on FGW network - sensible offers

LazerBrain

I have 2 spare pairs of these tickets for sale. They are valid for one standard class return journey on the First Great Western network on any Saturday or Sunday in 2009.

The FGW network extends as far as Penzance, Carmarthen, Hereford, Banbury, Bristol, Brighton, Gatwick and Paddington. When I checked recently, a Saturday/Sunday return from Paddington to Penzance was in the region of £66.

The small print: These tickets were sent to me by FGW as I have an annual season ticket. They are labelled as complimentary and the T&Cs state they are non-transferable and have no re-sale value. You will need to fill in name & address details, but there is no requirement to fill in my season ticket number - so it doesn't appear to be tied to me. Full T&Cs available on request.

Looking for £30 each, including postage (signature required on delivery) or collection from RG6, W12 or ReHab meetings.

Now open to sensible offers see latest note at bottom of this thread.

cheers,

Darren.

Edited by - lazerbrain on 12 Nov 2009 12:05:48

• 1 month later...

Open to any sensible offers on these tickets now as they expire at the end of the year. I'll also chuck in a 24hr car park pass valid in FGW station car parks except the Reading multi-storey (I don't think the pass covers the whole weekend unfortunately.) One of my mates used a ticket the other day with no problem and no requirement for the season ticket holder to be present (which someone mentioned earlier in this thread.)

These tickets could be useful if you're thinking of heading to London to see a show, doing a bit of Christmas shopping, popping down to Cornwall for the weekend...

If you're doing a shorter journey, get in touch with me if you already know the price for the ticket.

cheers,

Darren.