Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Why do they do it

kenny.

I'm no hooligan, I stick to speed limits when out in 7 and entertain myself with the occasional "blip" when the coast is clear..I've done this with all my 7's of varying power having got the "boy racer" side of things out of my system by competing.

Anyway I decided to go for a lonesome/Billy no mates blat this afternoon and was purposely "picked on" 3 times, something that doesn't or at least not that I notice happens often.

Dickhead 1, New Honda Civic Type R, Me doing 50 on a dual carriageway minding my own business. Type R (with guy in his 40's) pulls alongside and gestures (I kid you not )to race *confused*. Usually I'd ignore it (well mostly *cool*), but today I thought f*ck it!!!!!!!

Looks across at the dimwit and nods my head whilst sticking car back into 2nd without creating a jerk and giving the game away 😬..........he'd probably done the same anyway.

I lets him go and they I went.......after a 100 metres I was probably 80 metres in front, all without breaking any speed limits, over in a flash..................guy never had the decency to give a thumbs up..........are they thick or something?

Dickhead 2, S2000 wants to touch my rear numberplate going around an island to join a motorway slip road, I just picked the pace up slowly and watched the Honda start slathering, gets on to slip road, fecks off for a couple of hundred metres and job done, again not a sideways glance, just abject embarrassment I guess........Dear oh dear 😔

Finally about a mile from home some twunt on a small motorcycle done up to look like a Moto GP machine and wearing leathers brighter than Rossis nails himself up my now red raw chuff *eek*..........I'm tootling through the village at 28mph with this thing weaving behind me *confused*........I pull into our road which is a wide thoroughfare leading out into country and has a strict 30mph on it due to an old lady being killed on it not long ago by a speeding prat............you've guessed it bike darts out with the guy doing his Randy Mamolla bit and fires down the road probably hitting 80 +, the bike wasn't even quick and I'd have battered it if I were a twunt too.

Just what is it with these people, I don't get it? Why pick on 7 when you're driving a sh1t lump.

Most my blats are on a Sunday, and I see some gorgeous potent quick stuff most weekends,which would probably eat me and the most that happens is a respectfull wave to each other..........what the hell was in the air today, it beats me.

Anyway rant mode off, and back to more normal driving style from now on which is a sedate Luca Badoer sort of style 😬

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Edited by - kenny. on 31 Aug 2009 19:25:03

I know the feeling - did a 270 mile trip from Essex to Devon and found Civic TypeR's were the worst - although had a great little drive with a Focus ST who after 18 miles of me "keeping up with him" he indicated and pulled over and gave me a huge thumbs up.

So there are a few good ones about - but think they are outnumbered by the idiots who dont realise what we are driving.

Green/Yellow 2006 1.6K Roadsport SV

had this in Colchester yesterday, In 30mph limit FFS *mad* Civic type R comes up behind at collossal speed, like he`s keen to get behind me. then starts revving the nuts off it, in neutral, I guess he must have been wanting me to know he was behind me?

As usual with this type, no signals either , but then I guess driving a car and AND giving signals at the same time, was allways going cause his brain to go into overload (just too much for it to cope with! 😬)

You can allways tell when a tw*t rather than a serious driver is behind you, when you can see a bunch of knuckles at the top of the steering wheel in the time honoured cripplehook position 😬