Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR oil cooler/radiator

John Howe

Before I try to reinvent the wheel - has anyone got fitted the CSR rad/oil cooler to a S3 chassis.

If so, how did you get over the problem of retaining the rubber bobbins, with the radiator's mounting holes facing left-to-right, rather than from front-to-back?

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

Sorry John, just picked up your email. CC sell some mounts that fit the original chassis holes where the bobbins were and allow you to bolt the radiator to these.

Picture them as dome-headed bolts with a forward-facing plate welded to the head as that's effectively what they are.

I've tried to damp mine by opening out the original chassis mounting holes to about 12mm and putting a rubber grommet in the hole. This allows the CC mounting bolt bodies to pass through the grommet and should give some cushioning. I had to cant the top of the radiator back a bit and re-drill the plate on the top CC mount because it angles the radiator forward in the CSR which fouls inside an S3 nosecone.

I can take some pics (and measurements for my new mounting angles if it helps) but am unlikely to get a chance until tomorrow morning - I've got to get Lucy to bed before we head out for our first baby-free night tonight in I can't remember how long 😬

Darren E

K80 RUM Website and Emerald maps library

Home of the long-term, supercharged Duratec project *biggrin*

Edited by - k80rum on 30 Aug 2009 17:56:01