Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bank Holiday traffic

Don

Oh dear, hope your predicament is over now. ☹️

But in case it isn't, I'm going to pour, nice and slowly, some water from one jug to another... isn't that a nice relaxing sound? [trickle, trickle, splish, splash]

... and back again... [splash, splish, trickle, trickle...]

... etc. ... *tongue*

Does that feel any better? *wavey*

Please sponsor my feet on their charity walk on 31 Aug: here *thumbup* (what do you mean, they're not just for pushing pedals *confused*)

We'd been backed off the motorway and I was in fact sighing with relief in Gordano services at the time of your post Mr Toad but thanks for being sooo understanding *nono* *smile*

... it still took another three hours to get home though *eek* 😔 *cry*

Motorway was still shut at 6.50pm GJT - don't know when or whether he got down but there were loads of police, fire engines and ambulances mobilised!!

That's very sad.

I recall a few years back (in US I think); a similar situation where a crowd had gathered. In the end they all started chanting for him to jump; and he did.

Says a lot for so-called civilised society.....

☹️ My earlier post was indeed in terribly bad taste; sorry to all those I have offended. *nono*

I guess yesterday, having been stuck in a traffic jam of this man's making I was too eager to be bitter and twisted. ☹️

I had not realised that the reason the traffic finally got moving was the fact he'd jumped. My somewhat contrite condolences are with this poor man's family and those who had to recover him from the Avon.

You can call me MICK or MICHAEL (please)

Edited by - Mike Oxbiggar on 29 Aug 2009 22:34:25

Sad news about the jumper.... ☹️

But to change tack slightly (and in sympathy with WC) we took the M3/A303 for the first time down to Taunton from our new home.....forgot it was a bank holiday......SatNav said 3 hours and it took us 5 *mad* *mad* *mad* Solid all past Stone Henge etc...... 😔 😔 😔

Its been 10 years or so since I had driven the A303 and still a great road WHEN THERE IS NO TRAFFIC plus there are these flaming speed cameras on there now too...... *cry*

We decided to cut short our stay with my mum and came back this evening - almost no one on the road *smokin* *thumbup* A wise decision me thinks.... *rolleyes*

Dave Ardley - White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams - King Clam of Clam Hill!

photos