Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Another electrical problem

Dion E

I know that this is an old subject, but any advice would be appreciated.

When I indicate right the drivers side rear indicator flashes along with the brake light and when the headlights are on only the brake light flashes very quickly. This only happens on the drivers side, the passenger side is fine.

I assumed that this was a bad earth problem so I have cleaned up the earth on the rear passenger side on the wing mounting bolt and the one on the drivers side which appears to be on the reversing light mounting bolt, neither have sorted the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated, otherwise I will have to resort to hand signals or only turn left!!

Thanks in advance

Dion (92 dedion Supersprint)

Dion E

It's definately a bad earth, it's tracing back through the earth to the other bulbs and that's why they are lighting. Easiest way to prove is to run an earth directly from the battery to each of the earthing points, that should show you which one isn't working, if it doesn't the probem is in the earths between those points and the light clusters, bit of trial an error using the same method to determine which Bulbs do not have a good earht

Mark